Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Defeated (Hospital and Roadblock) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Defeated
"When a hunter is defeated, he determines the nearest hospital—the one that is the fewest roads away from his current location."

What happens if there is a Roadblock token on one of the roads? Ignore the Roadblock or the hunter is placed at the 2nd nearest Hospital?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With no way around it via other cities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivor Bolakov
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignore the roadblock. Fewest roads and nothing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Smith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hmm; should this be obvious? This situation actually did come up in our last game, and we decided it was most thematic to count the distance to the hospitals without using blocked roads. The hospital rule already strains credulity by invoking both near-teleportation and instant healing/resurrection, so we welcomed the opportunity to put this tiny bit of "realism" back into the operation.

I suppose one might object, that a defeated hunter might hypothetically wind up entirely trapped behind roadblocks and cut off from any hospital. In such a case, though, I personally would have no trouble saying the hunter has to wait in the parked ambulance until a road path to a hospital becomes available; it would certainly be very thematic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it would be unbelievable to say that whoever is manning the roadblocks would be willing to let injured people through for the purpose of going to a hospital.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.