Subject: Pre Order number left to go is 25 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For all fans of the "A Victory..." series, and all fans of IGS games by MMP, Konigsberg '45 has only 25 preorders left to go to hit its mark. Let's spread the word and get another great game using this system out there!
Check it out on MMP's website under the preorder tab.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like I preordered this 5 years ago... Good thing it is ONLY 5 more orders to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Carlson
United States
South Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pre Order number left to go is 18
As of today, 16 March 2017, there are now 18 orders to go. How can we get this thing printed?! More marketing from MMP? Get a demo (or 3CG) copy set up at WBC or CSW Expo? So close, yet so far away...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pdcarlson wrote:
As of today, 16 March 2017, there are now 18 orders to go. How can we get this thing printed?! More marketing from MMP? Get a demo (or 3CG) copy set up at WBC or CSW Expo? So close, yet so far away...

Tell me about it!
Seriously, let's tell as many as we can about this game...
This holding pattern this game seems to be in is my one criticism of game order set-ups like this and GMT' p500 page. Yes, they protect themselves from bombing on a game by making sure the get a minimum amount of sales, but it definitely seems like a game can be lost in pre-order limbo for quite a while.

Stronger marketing effort on MMP's part could help this for sure. We are so close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Ramos
United States
Nolensville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it's off their website now. Anyone know if it got dropped?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Spetz

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been dropped...

From the CSW forum,
"Friends,

Sadly, we have had to cancel the preorder for Konigsberg '45. Having far exceeded the time we now allow for a preorder to "hit", and having still not hit its preorder, we felt this was the right move to make.

Even had we just bit the bullet and printed anyways, the vast majority of the preorders had expired charge card information. This was really the deciding vote.

We've sent note to the designers and may consider the game for a future Special Ops issue, but the rights will revert if that's what the designers wish.

We'll have our web guy delete these orders from your preorder history, if you had preordered the game you will need to do nothing, we just wanted to make everyone aware of the situation."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis E. Hernández

Puerto de Sagunto, Valencia, SPAIN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? There were about 473-474 of 480 preorders.... What a disappointment.... MMP should consider another way to deal with this. I´ve been waiting for years and not it´s dropped...
cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, I feel MMP should reconsider and also re-evaluate their efforts when it comes to pushing and promoting their games on the preorder list.

I am not sure why this didn't receive the same effort as some other games on their list but I find it to be real dissapointing.
I understand that it had been out there on the list for a while and that interest may have dropped, I get it, it's all economics and MMP is not going to make something with no prospect of return.
Hopefully the creaters take this game to another company that will back it.

Still want to see this one in print, think it would be a great one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis E. Hernández

Puerto de Sagunto, Valencia, SPAIN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like MMP and have many great games from them: Warriors of God, the 3 "Storm over" titles, the Victory series. But I sincerely think that having a game in P500 (or P580) for years doesn´t have sense. They should consider how they offer this products and try to promote them in other ways.... I know it must be difficult and that it´s easy to talk, but that´s my suggestion. Having players waiting for years it´s ridiculous. With all due respect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Carlson
United States
South Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously? The deciding vote was based upon expired CCs? Contact the cardholders and have them updated! It happens all the time; other organizations have no problems handling such a simple correction. Extremely shoddy business practice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
It will be published by my company, Revolution Games. Also going to publish its sister game, Army Group Narwa. Adding it to our website as we speak. Should be out in a year or so. We are taking pledges for the game but they do not determine if the game will be published. We just publish what we think can sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmiller1093 wrote:
It will be published by my company, Revolution Games. Also going to publish its sister game, Army Group Narwa. Adding it to our website as we speak. Should be out in a year or so. We are taking pledges for the game but they do not determine if the game will be published. We just publish what we think can sell.

You automatically just became my FAVORITE GAME COMPANY!!!!!!

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

I will looking forward to this release and others with anticipation!

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!

I do realize that it's at least another year of waiting, but MMP would of had to still produce, publish and distribute it as well.

Will be heading directly to your guys website and checking it all out!

Thanks,
Erik

p.s. at least you guys know that there is at least enough of a demand for this game. If MMP would have marketed a little bit more on this one, I think the 500 goal would of been reached and word of mouth and gameplay experiences would have driven that number higher!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-ordered Konigsberg '45 and Narwa.

Perused your main page and can easily see myself getting a handful of other games from you guys.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Thank you Erik for the order and the kind words. Always looking for folks who have never heard of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.