$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any body know if this game may get a re print? I have been lightly looking to find this one, and while not impossible to find, it is rare that it pops up and at a good price. Just curious to hear if MMP may put this one out again.
I am a fan of AVL,AVD,AVC and that whole system of games. This one seems similar but on a much broader picture and over a longer time frame.

Thanks in advance for any info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite eastern front game. Yes it's broader. It covers the entire EF conflict. The campaign is 40 turns June 41 thru Apr 44.

Keep looking. You can find one reasonably priced for an OOP game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MMP says they have no intention of reprinting Red Star Rising at this time. (Jan 2017)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coil23 wrote:
MMP says they have no intention of reprinting Red Star Rising at this time. (Jan 2017)

BUMMER!!!! Well maybe I'll luck out on a copy on-line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know. I have had the Red Star Rising fever for a bit now. At this point I am just trying to talk myself out of it (e.g. I'm getting to where 1/2" counters are just too damn small for me to be fiddling with anymore, my table is just a few inches too small for the main map, etc.).

There are a few copies for sale on BGG. Nobleknight has an unpunched copy for $125. I know , I know. But trade some unwanted games to them for store credit and it becomes alot more appealing and reachable. I'm about to trade games in to them and will probably pick store credit. But I keep telling myself I can't spend it on RSR. I can't spend it on RSR. I can't spend it on RSR...

Good luck finding a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 things funny/ironic about our exchange:
1. Noble Knight Games is my favorite game store(wargame enthusiast that I am)-I have found several games there and have traded in games before. Being located in the Milwaukee WI area, I am only about an hour away from them, so I make monthly to bi-monthly road trips to find wargames! How did you hear about Noble Knight Games? Online or are you in the area?
2. I decided to check again on the usual sites and see if I could locate a copy. As luck would have it, I just scored a copy unpunched for $60.00 plus shipping(I think this might be still a tiny bit too much for an m.m.p. game, but I have no doubt that I will enjoy it. I have had rather great times with several of their other games like A Victory Denied, A Victory Lost, and others.

Keep your eyes open! I'm sure another one will come along.
And if for some reason I do not like RSR, I would be willing to trade it off or re-sell it.

Happy Gaming!
Erik
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You got a great deal for $60 IMO. I paid upwards of $100 for mine but I'm still happy I got it. RSR is my favorite Barbarossa/East Front game. Next time I play it I'll forego the Finland map though. To me it isn't worth the extra time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik,

I first found out about Nobleknight here on BGG and have been buying from them for the past three years. I've sold to them as well as written to them with annoying questions now and then. I might grouse about prices now and then but their customer service is superb and they will have rareties I have found nowhere else. When I find a business that is both good at what they do and respectful in how they do it, I'm giving them my loyalty. I wish I lived near enough to stop in the store. No, I'm states away. I'd love for you to post any thoughts you have on the gamepage once you get into the game.

Chris,

And I'd love to hear your thoughts on what makes RSR your favorite Barbarossa/Eastern Front game, especially with any specific comparisons to other games. Who knows? Maybe you'll talk me out of talking myself out of getting RSR. Although I wasn't kidding about wanting to put 1/2" counters out of my life for good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noble Knight Games brick and mortar store front is quaint, a bit on the small side, but with out a doubt one of the best stores I have ever been in. Excellent customer service and what's not in their store front is more than likely in one of their warehouses. Their website is more than serviceable and they grade their games and have excellent descriptions.(As well as you might already know this, my fond ramblings are more for anybody else that may be reading this). Yes there may be some games that may cause one to balk at the price, but in general their prices are beyond fair, and with several rare finds already in their inventory, if they do not have a particular game, chances are it will be a tough get.
Sign up an account with them and they will notify customers of games on one's wishlist when they find them.
I already am putting my list together of games I want to get from them next time I drive down(an hour trip 1 way is a small price to pay to save on shipping)
It may be a while before I table RSR as I have several games on deck, I am way behind on game play due to work, and the holidays, but I will definitely post comments and some aar's when I do.
Now that Adam Starkweather(one of game's designer's)has begun diverged from MMP, and started his own game company, maybe more games like RSR and A Victory Denied might get out there. That also probably explain's MMP not having plans on reprinting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it's not MMP or Adam Starkweather's, but the original designer Masshiro Yamazaki's original version: War for the Motherland can be found on line and at Noble Knight Games in the first 2 editions by Six Angles and Rampart/Fresno Games. Noble Knight has the Rampart games version.
Both of these seem a little lighter in price and the Six Angles version may have some language issues as it appears to be in Japanese with some English.
As far as details I do not know enough else about these earlier editions that RSR re-implemented.
But they may be worth a look if RSR continues to prove elusive or too expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.