Jeremy Wilhm
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Insert clever phrase here.
mbmbmbmbmb
This games intrigues and terrifies me. I hate the idea of altering/damaging/destroying the game board and bits, but the legacy system of wins and losses effecting future plays of the game is very interesting. However, I have some questions....hopefully there are answers without giving away spoilers...

1) Does the game spiral based on previous plays? (If you win game 1, is game 2 easier to win; if you lose game 1, is game 2 harder win, etc...) Or is the opposite true? (The game gets harder after each win and easier after each loss)

2) What is the winning criteria for the entire legacy campaign? Is it just to win in "December" (meaning you could lose the first 23 games, then if you somehow win game 24 you win the whole campaign), or is it to have more wins than losses by the time you finish "December"?

3) With the Season 1 sub-heading, is there an overarching storyline to the game like a TV show season, or is it just a series of lingering effects from game to game?

When I first heard about this game I shrugged it off. The regular Pandemic game is just OK for me, but since it's the top ranked game now, and they announced Season 2, I am tempted to finally pick up a copy.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You start the first game with four event cards in the player deck. If you lose you will have 2 extra events the next game. If you win you will have 2 fewer. You could have as many as 10 events or no events depending how successful you are.

2. You are trying to accomplish several objectives during the campaign. Your final success depends on how well you do on each objective. You could lose the last game and still "win" the campaign.

3. The full campaign tells a story that progresses from month to month. I found it to be a fulfilling and enjoyable story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
As well as "funding level", there is also the mysterious "Package 8" which you open if you lose four consecutive games. It would be a spoiler to say what's in there, but you'd hope it was some kind of help. (-8

There's also a more subtle balancing mechanism: at the end of every game, you get to choose two permanent upgrades. If you lose a month the first time round, that means you get a total of four upgrades that month instead of two.

There have been one or two people whose seasons have gone badly wrong and have complained loudly about it here, but most people seem to agree the game is really well balanced. It's #1 for a reason!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd's answers are spot on.

I'll only add that the game does get progressively harder overall in that you start with having to complete one objective each month and as the game continues you have to complete multiple objectives, so not only does the story evolve the complexity evolves as well.

The game is a complete blast - it wouldn't be arguably the #1 game in the world if it wasn't.

I say go buy it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.