Subject: LudiCreations robbed Saturday rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Yeung

Paradise Valley
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just want to post an APB that Ludicreations booth was robbed on Saturday. This is just sickening for me. It looked like it was a group of professional thieves who did it.

Please help LudiCreations by supporting their KS game Steal This Game.

Please spread the word around to other gamers.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Yeung

Paradise Valley
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Null Field wrote:
DomerHoo wrote:
Just want to post an APB that Ludicreations booth was robbed on Saturday. This is just sickening for me and whoever did it is breaching the trust of the BGG community.

Do you know it was a BGG user who committed the robbery?

No - but it doesn't matter if it's a bgg member or not. What it matters is that we should be able to help Ludicreations - this year they had Tramways, Crisis, and others
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DomerHoo wrote:
What it matters is that we should be able to help Ludicreations

Steal This Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Yeung

Paradise Valley
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
slprince wrote:
DomerHoo wrote:
What it matters is that we should be able to help Ludicreations

Steal This Game

Thanks. Going to back it once I get home from Essen. Still in transit.

I'm just trying to raise awareness within BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Harriman
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DomerHoo wrote:
Null Field wrote:
DomerHoo wrote:
Just want to post an APB that Ludicreations booth was robbed on Saturday. This is just sickening for me and whoever did it is breaching the trust of the BGG community.

No - but it doesn't matter if it's a bgg member or not. What it matters is that we should be able to help Ludicreations - this year they had Tramways, Crisis, and others

via Imgflip Meme Generator
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What did they rob? Was it one game or Pallets? Granted it does not matter but perhaps a bit more information about what happened?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
According to the thread on Reddit, it was their whole till.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it was their cashbox from Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
They stole the cash box. According to one of the videos I saw (Rahdo I think), it had about 3500 euros.

Thank you to the OP for wanting to publicize this. The LudiCreations team is made up of wonderful people, many of whom I consider my friends, and this has been just horrible for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Yeung

Paradise Valley
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The clerk was taking a look inside the warehouse for 10 seconds and the entire cash till was robbed. This was Saturday - the busiest day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that sucks. You'd like to think gamers would be above such deplorable behavior, but in the end, gamers are just people, and there are some bad ones out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They seem to think it was a coordinated, "professional" effort. I don't think it was necessarily gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
DomerHoo wrote:
Null Field wrote:
DomerHoo wrote:
...whoever did it is breaching the trust of the BGG community.

No - but it doesn't matter if it's a bgg member or not...

Yeah, I got to agree with Null Field, the way you worded your original post implied that the thief was a BGG user. To put it another way, how could this crime reflect the BGG community, if we don't know if the thief was even a user?

That being said though, I'm glad you are raising awareness about this. Frankly, I thought Steal This Game was a joke until I saw it here. I think it's just important to be careful of what news you spread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good. Karma.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Good. Karma.

Oh come on, you may not like their business practices, but they aren't criminal unlike actually stealing stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
joetaco wrote:
DomerHoo wrote:
Null Field wrote:
DomerHoo wrote:
...whoever did it is breaching the trust of the BGG community.

No - but it doesn't matter if it's a bgg member or not...

Yeah, I got to agree with Null Field, the way you worded your original post implied that the thief was a BGG user. To put it another way, how could this crime reflect the BGG community, if we don't know if the thief was even a user?

That being said though, I'm glad you are raising awareness about this. Frankly, I thought Steal This Game was a joke until I saw it here. I think it's just important to be careful of what news you spread
Not only that, there is a distinct difference in the meaning between "robbed (robbery)" and "theft": the title is misleading in a way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
Good. Karma.

Oh come on, you may not like their business practices, but they aren't criminal unlike actually stealing stuff.

What business practices would those be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Yeung

Paradise Valley
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
Shader10 wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
Good. Karma.

Let's not get off topic here. While some ppl may not condone the practices of certain companies, the point of this thread is to spread the news that it is still wrong to have 3500 euros stolen in broad daylight at the Spiel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
While I agree that it sucks that their money was stolen, it makes me wonder if there wasn't some kind of insurance.
And I don't feel obligated to support their game just because they were the victim of a crime, but I do wish them the best of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Csuka
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mindclash games got also robbed on Saturday They stole the wooden insert for Trickerion which was at the booth. Why are people so evil?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Kathrin Jaeckel
Germany
Ammersbek
SH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is something that I hear more and more from fairs where goods are being sold. I am on fairs four times a year and it seems as if more and more professional thieves take their chances at getting the whole cash registry while the clerk is being distracted by someone from the gang. These are clearly no members from the gaming community, these thieves go to every event where money is being spent.

They tried it at our booth (on a different fair) as well but we were lucky. They only got the bag with the food not the one with the money... Since then we took some precautions, like fixing the cash box on the table, removing the cash now and then to put it in a secure place and the one at the cash registry is forbidden to leave his exact spot regardless what happens.

Why steal from the visitors who have at most a few hundred Euros (and have their money on them what makes stealing hard) if you can get the money from the vendors where one theft equals a few thousand Euros. And no, there is no insurance that covers that. This is just bad luck and I feel very very sorry for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
Shader10 wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
Good. Karma.

They run their Kickstarters rather differently and their CEO can get bit testy online. So nothing actually criminal. They certainly don't deserve to get robbed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mandara wrote:
This is something that I hear more and more from fairs where goods are being sold. I am on fairs four times a year and it seems as if more and more professional thieves take their chances at getting the whole cash registry while the clerk is being distracted by someone from the gang. These are clearly no members from the gaming community, these thieves go to every event where money is being spent.

Yep, any time you pool a lot of cash into one place, you will be at the risk of getting robbed. Fairs are really prime targets, since there's a lot of cash, the booths aren't that secure and you can easily hide in the crowd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R&R Games *also* lost their cash box on Saturday. I was told that it was one of FIVE such thefts that day - meaning that someone thought that lots of small businesses who take large amounts of cash in a crowded space open to the public were easy targets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It happened last year as well, to another small company. So it might be the same ppl actually.

These companies need to stop trusting all ppl, they should protect their cash. You can't have the cash box easily accessible. Also, they should have a better box, chained to something that can't be moved or something.

These are basic protective measures. But the best measure is asking messe to have a way to use cards instead of money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.