Popular Tags: [View All]
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this work?

If a card says to reduce a production that is already at zero, does that mean you can't play the card (as it's part of the cost) or does it mean you can ignore that effect (i.e. reducing production) on the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You must have the resource to decrease, otherwise you cannot play the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re-read the examples on page 9 and it will show you how this and other cards work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Shrike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobleSavage wrote:
How does this work?

If a card says to reduce a production that is already at zero, does that mean you can't play the card (as it's part of the cost) or does it mean you can ignore that effect (i.e. reducing production) on the card?

Megacredit production is the only production that can go negative.

For any of the other productions, you cannot play a card that would require you to go negative.

This is probably why one of the basic actions is to increase your energy production. Many cards require you to decrease energy production and it would be terrible if you were completely reliant of cards to increase energy production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. Folks, I was being taught the game by someone else, and this was something that was allowed that made me get a feeling of discomfort, although I was the one being allowed to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.