Subject: How do the British accept orders? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Farrell
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I started and have now stalled my first game. I'm having a little trouble understanding part of the following sentence under rule 4.4. It reads as follows: If the game turn marker is in the same box as an objective marker... I thought the British always checked for orders. Just looking for clarification as to what this means before continuing my first game. The British are in a holding pattern and the Boers are getting impatient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Noble
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
The British only roll for the acceptance of orders when the orders have arrived, which is when the Turn Marker is in the same box as the Objective Marker for that formation.
There is, sometimes, a delay from when the orders are sent to when they are received. That delay determines how many turns into the future you place the Objective Markers on the Turn track.

I am a few days away from receiving my copies so I cannot give you the exact reference but it should be on a 'British sent order' table which tells you the delay.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have my copies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Farrell
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Geoff. No need to get back to me. As soon as I read your message it was clear what I had done wrong. The game looks great and I'm looking forward to rating it as soon as I complete the first game later today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godfrey Bailey
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AMENDMENT 4: 4.4 British Receive Orders Segment: “ If ‘Charge to the Guns’, remove the Planned Objective Marker and place the Objective Marker in an area with a Boer unit nearest to the leader. For brigades of batteries south of the river, the Objective Marker is placed in the nearest area bordering the river (on the southern side) instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.