4 Posts

Dead Last» Forums » General

Subject: 10 players too many for first play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Renz Pedro
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First of all, let me say I love love LOVE this game. Got it here in the PH as soon as it became available. I have a standard game group who love social games (Bang Dice, ONUW, Avalon, etc.) so I thought they'd love this game but strangely, when it was finally on the table, almost half the group hated it! Mostly they were the ones who died early plenty of times, or did not live long enough to experience Final Showdowns. This led to long downtimes for the same people which I suspect is why they disliked it. During the actual game though, they seemed to be having fun with the conniving and social interaction so I really feel like they would have liked it with the minimum 6 but is it dangerous for a double digit group to be introduced to it because of the downtime? Should the voting time limit be more strict? Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Monk
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've played it several times at 10-12. We didn't see any downtime. Keep the conniving short, as suggested in the rulebook. We allowed about a minute for each decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Lavallee
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
As per Randal, if they're waiting you're providing too much time to discuss things. At most it should be a minute, a minute and a half at most.

And if you're playing the game, and you've got a block that you think has a majority that's when you start angling for a vote early. Watch people scramble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renz Pedro
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We followed the rulebook at 90s. The session came out as only 1 or 2 players would get eliminated between the 90s so to get to a final. Of course it tends to go a bit beyond the 90s by a 20s or 30s but ofc since it's first time play, I thought they maybe needed more time. I would even decrease the time by 10s after every vote just to make the pace pick up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.