A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Clarity on Draft Agendas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Haunting Questions
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, all.

I'm trying to arrange a draft cube to more or less follow the Valyrian draft setup. However, I was looking at the spoilers for the four agenda cards, and I was wondering if you all could offer some clarity.

Here are the three agendas in question:

Quote:
"The Power of Wealth": When you announce The Power of Wealth as your agenda, name 1 faction. You may include cards from that faction in your draw deck and plot deck.
Reduce the cost of the first in-faction card you marshal or play each round by 1.

Quote:
"Treaty": When you announce Treaty as your agenda, name 2 factions. You may include cards from those factions in your draw deck and plot deck.
Action: Kneel your faction card to draw 1 card. Then, choose and discard 1 card from your hand.

Quote:
"Protectors of the Realm": You may include Knight and Army characters from any faction in your deck.
Action: Kneel your faction card to choose a Knight or Army character. Until the end of the phase, that character gains renown.

In the first two, it explicitly states what you can include in your draw and/or plot deck -- but in Protectors of the Realm, it doesn't say anything about including faction cards. How is this to be read? Does this mean that you don't have a faction card and that you cannot include any cards that aren't Knights or Army cards? Or can you include cards from one faction and Knights/Armies?

I primarily ask because the main agenda cards (such as "Fealty") don't explicitly say you can include cards from your one main faction -- it's implied.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haunting Questions
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Citizen Badger wrote:
You're putting the cart before the horse here. There's no reason for the agendas to instruct you on faction allowance. Picking a faction is necessary for even playing the game.

The first thing you do when building a deck is pick a faction. This is mandatory. After that you can choose to use an agenda, and thus gain optional additional deckbuilding allowances or restrictions. Using an agenda is optional.

Oh, that helps a bunch, thanks!

I think the biggest confusion for me was that The Power of Wealth and Treaty both state explicitly about that you can include cards from the chosen faction, which seems redundant -- especially since other agenda cards don't mention this. (Otherwise The Power of Wealth seems nearly identical to Fealty -- except that Fealty requires that you kneel you faction card to reduce the cost of a loyal card.)

However, given what you've said... when you're drafting and you choose The Power of Wealth, do you pick your main faction first (e.g., Martell), and then when choosing the agenda, can you name a second faction? This doesn't seem to be the case, but the thought occurred...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haunting Questions
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Citizen Badger wrote:
No, that's exactly the case. Both The Power of Wealth and Treaty are instructing you to name additional factions that will be in addition to your main faction. But only cards that match your faction card are considered in-faction.

Oh wow, ok -- I completely misread.

So to clarify, given these draft agendas, you could choose no agenda (which would be a poor choice), and you can include cards from only 1 faction in your draw & plot decks...

Or you could choose The Power of Wealth, and you can include cards from 2 factions in your draw & plot decks (main + the one named when agenda is revealed)...

Or you could choose Treaty, and you can include cards from 3 factions in your draw & plot decks (main + the two named when agenda is revealed)...

Is that right? :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.