Centauri Saga» Forums » Rules

Subject: Upgrade cards... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai Barnard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I have a feeling this is something we are doing wrong

- Are all the upgrades to do with re-rolls, dmg reductions etc 1 shots per turn?

I.E Want to re-roll 2 dice, spend that activation, prevent 1 dmg - spend that activation token

OR

Do the re-rolls dmg reduction float over combat rounds

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand your question correctly, once you place an activation token on a card, that ability cannot be used again until the upkeep phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only activate each upgrade once per turn (normally). When you do so, you place an activation token on it. You need to have activation tokens in order to use them and you cannot use an upgrade that already has an activation token on it.

There are special circumstances, like the card that lets you remove all of your action tokens from upgrades and use them again that turn, which can allow you to use one a second time, but again you place an activation token on it when you use it and it cannot be used again while it has a token on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Barnard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Think I'm missing the point

OR

Do the re-rolls dmg reduction float over combat rounds

SO lets say your fighting a level 2 raider, it goes 1st and deal 1 dmg so you kick in the reduce dmg by one (we've been playing setup action then combat) you attack fluff so kick in the re-roll 2 dice, still fluff so it attacks again

Do you still have the -1dmg reduction, can you re-roll 2 dice this combat round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Kevorque
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Action Cards that are Instant apply their effect once, they are discarded and they are done. So, you can not use it as an "ever-lasting" effect during combat.

The same applies to abilities from your Commander/Units/PowerUps. If it says "Reduce Damage Taken by 1", you activate only when you actually receive damage, and it applies its effect only once. Just like it it says "Repair your Hull by 1", you apply it only once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.