Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
What are you looking at?
mbmbmb
I was trying to work out a 1000-point army using the contents of the starter. My initial calculations were a little off and 20 plastic figures made it a little difficult to find the points. So I bought an HMG and the Command blister, which added another $20.75 to the cost of the army, which still is not a bad price. All the figures, except the lieutenant and the HMG are from the starter. I really wish the starter had come with 25 plastics because it would have been a lot easier to build at 1,000. I probably would have made one of the extras the lieutenant and then made another bazooka team and possibly an observer and a medic. Oh, and I will have to pick up some more dice.

If we play, which is likely but not a definite considering the history my buddy and I have with miniatures game, I will probably pick up the Russians as well and will do what I can to build 1,000 from their box. From what I can tell, that is going to be pretty easy to do since they have so many more plastic figures.

Has anyone built a 1,000 point army using just the options in the German Army Starter Set box along with one or two other purchases like this?

Here is the list:

1000 pt. U.S. Konflikt '47 Reinforced Platoon
Order Dice: 9

Officer: Veteran First Lieutenant (116 pts.)
1x First Lieutenant w/M1
2x Infantry w/M1s

Squad 1: Regular Infantry Squad (98 pts.)
1x NCO w/SMG
1x Infantry w/BAR
3x Infantry w/Rifle
2x Infantry w/SMG
> Entire squad equipped with anti-tank grenades

Squad 2: Regular Infantry Squad (98 pts.)
1x NCO w/SMG
1x Infantry w/BAR
3x Infantry w/Rifle
2x Infantry w/SMG

Squad 3: Veteran Heavy Infantry (115 pts.)
1x NCO w/Assault rifle
4x Infantry w/Assault rifle

Teams
Veteran .50 Cal HMG team (91 pts.)
Regular Sniper team (52 pts.)
Regular Bazooka team (60 pts.)

Vehicles
Veteran M5A2 Coyote Light Walker (110 pts.)
Tanks: Veteran M4A9 Sherman-T (260 pts.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.