Raise Your Goblets» Forums » General

Subject: Limited edition replacement card pack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yorick Heijink
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I got this at Essen '16 I also received a replacement pack of cards.

Just curious... what was wrong with the pack in the box? All I could tell was that the card stock was different, colors seemed darked and the order of the cards was different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silva Lorenzo
Italy
Milano
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
the cards of the first few copies were not perfectly cut sometimes and have a darker color, and we were not 100% satified of the quality, so we decided to reprint and give replacements in Essen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Varsos
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mercante wrote:
the cards of the first few copies were not perfectly cut sometimes and have a darker color, and we were not 100% satified of the quality, so we decided to reprint and give replacements in Essen!

Is there a US release date for this? CoolStuffInc says October but that seems like it may be soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mercante wrote:

Why did you replace them with cheaper cards? Lesser card stock and no linen finish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Laporbo wrote:
Mercante wrote:

Why did you replace them with cheaper cards? Lesser card stock and no linen finish.

As I also explained in the other thread you opened, the linen effect caused several quality problems. In this game's production specific case we had to renounce to the linen effect to be able to deliver an acceptable quality level on the whole production batch. Our producer, despite our insistence, was not able to guarantee us they could produce card decks with linen effect while avoiding the various, serious quality issues we found on the inital production batch (as I already described in the other thread). The only difference between the two versions of the deck, material-wise, is the linen effect. The card stock is the same. The faulty linen ones probably look thicker to you because of another unpleasant side effect of the process the factory used to apply the linen effect: the cards are a bit "crooked". Also, the transparent linen layer itself adds a very tiny bit of thickness to the cards. The paper used on both versions of the card deck is exactly the same.

Again, this change was caused by serious quality issues we found in the overall batch. You probably have one of the few decks without a lot of issues, but I can assure you the overall quality was simply not acceptable for us. Delivering quality products is one of our top priorities. Production price had no impact at all on this decision.

Finally, feel free to write again to our customer service. If you really want replacements for the two damaged cards you found in your faulty deck, instead of a whole new deck of the "not-linen" version, we can do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.