Paperback» Forums » Variants

Subject: Playing in other languages -- specifically French rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
France
Lille
Nord Pas-de-Calais
flag msg tools
I just picked up the game at Essen and very excited to play. I'm living in France and wondering if anyone has experience playing the game using non-English words. Or if there are any rule tweaks people might suggest.

For example, the letter Q is much more common in French so it should maybe not be worth as much as it is in English, whereas I think K is super rare in French so could maybe be worth even more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrr_matey wrote:
I just picked up the game at Essen and very excited to play. I'm living in France and wondering if anyone has experience playing the game using non-English words. Or if there are any rule tweaks people might suggest.

For example, the letter Q is much more common in French so it should maybe not be worth as much as it is in English, whereas I think K is super rare in French so could maybe be worth even more...
You might want to look at the work that went into making the German version, which Lines posted here as a guide to others adapting it:
A guide to adapt Paperback to foreign languages
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Lille
Nord Pas-de-Calais
flag msg tools
Awesome, Phelan. Thanks for the link!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.