Subject: I want to buy a lot of expansions for DotR rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

Like in the title, I'd like to buy a lot of expansions in bundle from the same person to have some kind of reduction. Do you know where I could look for? I found nothing in the bgg market.

Besides, will there be a 2nd edition of the game? I think not, but I prefer to ask anyway.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
There are talks about another kickstarter in the spring of 2017 that will give the 2nd Edition treatment to the base game like they did with the dragon expansion.

There has been some renewed support for this franchise over the last two years with some promises of listening to fans and having the fans dictate what is going to get published.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the info! Let's just hope that the 1st and 2nd versions of base game and expansions will be compatible with one another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CajunShooter wrote:
...some promises of listening to fans and having the fans dictate what is going to get published.

I doubt that this statement is accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to their website you can get on the mailing list. I just updated my edition of the game, while they were running a sale.

I love the game and have heard that yes another Kickstarter might be coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
Well, I looked at their past kickstarter campaigns, and it looks like they are more advertisement than investment opportunities for people, ie between their KS + stretch goals and the prices on their website, there aren't really any difference. Even some of their stretch goals are just unlocking options to buy more stuff.

Yeah yeah I know, not every board game kickstarter campaigns are like CMON & co, but when I look at a big game like Defenders of the Realm with 100+ figures inside, I'm starting to get some expectation, just like the Pavlov dog drooling over a meat steak laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Aging One wrote:
CajunShooter wrote:
...some promises of listening to fans and having the fans dictate what is going to get published.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1379435/what-would-you-...

Per this thread created by Autoduelist. He quotes one of the comments made in the last kickstarter.

Quote:
In fact, Rick made it clear that when he returns on June 12-13, if not before, his intent is to form a committee of volunteers from the very enthusiastic community of supporters for DOTR in general, and to work with him and RIchard Launius and myself and our graphic artist, Justin Raymond, to envision and advise on the directions that the DOTR series goes in next. Richard and Eagle have recently executed a long-term agreement whereby Eagle-Gryphon will continue to produce the DOTR series. Rick has already made mention to you of an early 2016 Kickstarter project which will be the initial focus of this committee, but he wants to be sure that the longer term is a focus for this group as well. Rick will write with more information about the committee and solicit for volunteers when he returns in two weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I could help! I know committee members have referenced future kickstarters. It seems likely the Dragon Expansion minions (imps, zealots, and fire elementals) are being considered for the next kickstarter. I've been painting the base game minion sets:

Fans can help out by documenting any mistakes in the current game components for when/if they get reprinted. I've been curating a thread for tracking errors:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1565536/error-tracking-a...

I'm sure there are more mistakes lurking around in the rule books and Quest cards. I hope any new editions of the rulebook will incorporate the FAQ information within the text of the rules. For example, some examples of tainting lands and overruns would eliminate a few FAQ questions. The differences between spent action tokens and wounds could also use some clear examples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
CajunShooter wrote:

I am on the committee. They are listening to fans and allowing us to give input on what is coming. So the statement is true. Just FYI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.