Subject: Error on Salmonella card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rafal Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All parasite card have place for host's diseased cube. It is color coded, and in 7 parasites color is different than player color of the card.
But on green player's Salmonella the is green square?
So is it a deliberate exception or an error?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Error on Salmonella card?
I also suspect this is an error because in the rulebook section J it's described as having a place for a yellow disease cube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rafal100 wrote:
All parasite card have place for host's diseased cube. It is color coded, and in 7 parasites color is different than player color of the card.
But on green player's Salmonella the is green square?
So is it a deliberate exception or an error?

This is an error, the card should show blue and yellow, not blue and green.

A parasite is not supposed to parastize a mutation for a chromosome it already has, since that is not the nature of parasites. Thy are searching for something they don't have.

I apologize for this mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the luxury of a scanner and color printer, I've found that scanning another card with the desired color square, then printing it on a sticker sheet gives you a perfect way to fix the misprint. Just cut out the correct square and stick it over the wrong color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gar0u wrote:
If you have the luxury of a scanner and color printer, I've found that scanning another card with the desired color square, then printing it on a sticker sheet gives you a perfect way to fix the misprint. Just cut out the correct square and stick it over the wrong color.

Good point. The parasite cards never need to be shuffled into a deck, so the surface irregularity won't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could the publisher be nice enough to put that scan online so that people can print it off without scanning?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gar0u wrote:

It is probably an overkill.
Small piece of sticky note was enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The parasite cards never need to be shuffled into a deck, so the surface irregularity won't matter.

And if you sleeve your cards, it will be even less of a concern.

I do like the idea of getting a printable image so we have the option to print a replacement card, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:
Quote:
The parasite cards never need to be shuffled into a deck, so the surface irregularity won't matter.

And if you sleeve your cards, it will be even less of a concern.

I do like the idea of getting a printable image so we have the option to print a replacement card, though.

I posted a corrected version of the salmonella cardas a pdf. Just print it at 100% and you can use it if you sleeve the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.