GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,191 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Round House» Forums » General

Subject: Fix for board not fitting into box properly. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who have the game, you'll realise that the board was made marginally too long to fit in the box. As a result it extends over the side and the lid doesn't shut properly.

So when I was putting the 8 bazzilion stickers on the counters I was wondering whether I should trim the board or if there was another way around this. There is;

Keep the punch board from the thick building quadrants and cut off one end to make a 55mm strip. Although the card is thick, this isn't so hard because the board is mostly holes. Then chamfer off the top edge slightly with a scalpel or similar sharp blade and stick it to the end panel of the box base;

Then the board lays into the box at an angle and fits perfectly;

Components can be stored above and below the board and the lid shuts snugly as it should.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijlof
Netherlands
Amersfoort
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Haven't opened the game yet but will definitely make use of your idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dirk_M wrote:

Set aside a weekend for the stickers! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Dirk_M wrote:

Is that enough?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant Nick, brilliant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Engelbrecht-Gollander
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have many times already regretted getting rid of the thick punchboard I will have to hack something together in another way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiran Wagle
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How did they manage to ship this when the board didn't fit inside the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the board only is about 2mm longer than the box. It was kind of funny to see how it looked with the box sticking out a bit and yet shrink-wrapped in factory-quality.

In the end I just decided to apply a little force on the board to make it fit. whistle

after a couple plays, the box seems to have adapted to it's new situation. devil

btw, did you guys see the prices on the bgg-market for this game. I hope it'll find a european/american publisher soon if the demand creates those prices. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Allan
United Kingdom
Ashtead
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lievendp wrote:
did you guys see the prices on the bgg-market for this game. I hope it'll find a european/american publisher soon if the demand creates those prices. ninja

Not a single copy has sold though - I could put my copy up for €500, doesn't make it worth that much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiran Wagle
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lievendp wrote:
Well, the board only is about 2mm longer than the box. It was kind of funny to see how it looked with the box sticking out a bit and yet shrink-wrapped in factory-quality.

How did they close the box? the copy I played yesterday wouldn't close even wth the board diagonally liken the linked photo.

Quote:
btw, did you guys see the prices on the bgg-market for this game. I hope it'll find a european/american publisher soon if the demand creates those prices.

Funagain has it listed for $57, which is not outrageous for such a thing. I'm not quite sure I liked it enough to pay that much for it, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Allan
United Kingdom
Ashtead
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found that my board was too wide rather than too long! So can't use Nicks fix. But there was a good board sized zippy-bag in the box, so I am storing it outside the box for now at least.

Seems like the problem was one of inconsistent board cutting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the nice lady at their booth at Essen told me it wouldn't fit when put straight in the box, but that it wouldn't be a problem if the board was placed diagonally.

My only concern is whether the board will warp towards the middle over time, given it's a heavy one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
Well, the nice lady at their booth at Essen told me it wouldn't fit when put straight in the box, but that it wouldn't be a problem if the board was placed diagonally.

My only concern is whether the board will warp towards the middle over time, given it's a heavy one.

Only time will tell but it feels sturdy enough to me to not have this issue.
When in doubt and applying a little force doesn't help, you could always store it between two other boardgame boxes on your shelf as mentioned above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lievendp wrote:

btw, did you guys see the prices on the bgg-market for this game. I hope it'll find a european/american publisher soon if the demand creates those prices. :ninja:

While they're at it hopefully they'll fix dumb production decisions like this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:

That is more likely to be a problem if stored flat (horizontally). If the box is kept vertical on the shelf then potential bowing shouldn't be an issue. If the box is stored on its long side then the board will be absolutely vertical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijlof
Netherlands
Amersfoort
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Dirk_M wrote:

Wt*, 150 stickers.... surprise

I wonder if anyone suffers from OCD and want the back en front sticker to be precisely opposite of each other with the same side up.
(Have you ever noticed that even coins aren't pressed this way? )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dirk_M wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Dirk_M wrote:

Wt*, 150 stickers.... surprise

I wonder if anyone suffers from OCD and want the back en front sticker to be precisely opposite of each other with the same side up.
(Have you ever noticed that even coins aren't pressed this way? )

Thanks for noting this shake. Now I have to align them (and spend all my money asap).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy doesn't have this issue.
It perfectly fits into the game box.
I keep my white carton insert to hold all the components inside and then place the game board on the top. The board isn't perfectly flat when folded, but it fits well enough with the box size and still have enough height to accommodate the issue.

Based on the discussion, there seems to be a lot of people encounter this issue, so perhaps there are different versions?
I bought my copy directly in Taiwan game store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chien-Tsun Chen
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:
I keep my white carton insert to hold all the components inside and then place the game board on the top. The board isn't perfectly flat when folded, but it fits well enough with the box size and still have enough height to accommodate the issue.

Based on the discussion, there seems to be a lot of people encounter this issue, so perhaps there are different versions?

The over-sized copies were advanced copies for sale sold in Essen. The issue was fixed in the mass production wave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
smoox wrote:
vardamir wrote:

The over-sized copies were advanced copies for sale sold in Essen. The issue was fixed in the mass production wave.

Ah I see. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have now received my copy from the 'mass-production' wave and can confirm that the board now fits comfortably inside the box. The thick tiles are also now pre-punched within a white card insert. Still a weekends worth of stickering to do though!

It also contains this errata (as written):

p8
6. Grand Hall
Note: When leader stand on Grand Hall, player have to pay 2 coins to Money Lender. There are 2 actions in Grand Hall. Player can choose which to execute.
Pay 2 coins to the 'money lender' and execute the action of any room which is occupied by any other leader (including your own leader).
Pay 2 coins to the 'money lender' and execute recruit assistant twice, merchant dispatch once and investment once.

P.12
(3) Assistants are placed in ..... on [4]. That assistant now becomes a senior assistant.

The latter just seems to be a spelling correction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiran Wagle
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
smoox wrote:

Will those be available in the US? And is the small expansion available?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
smoox wrote:
Without opening the box is there any way to tell whether a copy is a mass production one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emperors4 games
Taiwan
flag msg tools
EmperorS4
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mouldybanana wrote:
smoox wrote:
Without opening the box is there any way to tell whether a copy is a mass production one?

Don't worry,the board is okay now,
Only for the first print (about 300 copies) has over-sized board, after Essen 2016, you can buy the game that was fixed in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.