Here's some questions that appeared after first game.
Since it's a quite elaborate game, there should be a more consistant rulebook or faq, and especially an extended description of special actions.
I may add some questions later but here are the firsts :
- The turn order never change in the rules, is that normal ?
- Can the actions you "may" take like restoring Fortune with energy be performed more than once per turn ?
- Whn using the "Growth" action tu put many 1 discharged tokens, is it possible tu put thos token on spaces adjacent to different groups or do we have to select one group and put those tokens next to that group only ?
- The "Impulse" action only charges the tokens of the active player, right ?
Special actions :
- Some special actions can generate the loss of token on the board. It's hard to say wich gives trphies and wich not. Especially the "destroy" action from Ferox.
- Can The Cadum "Concentration" action be used to add 3 cubes to a space already containing energy ?
- The resilience test resulting of Cadum "Outbreak" is only made with the moved power ? We don't add the already present energy, nor the population count ?
Thanks in advance for answering this.
Hi Olivier !
Here are the answers:
ad.1 TURN ORDER
Rulebook states that " after the first round, the starting player will
be the player with the fewest of their population tokens on the board. In the case of a tie, start player passes to the first tied player clockwise from the previous start player". So the starting player changes and the game always goes clockwise.
ad.2 ACTIONS YOU "MAY" TAKE
No. You can only make one movement on your turn as well as you can restore only 1 fortune on your turn. The only exepction is discarding structure genes where you can discard more than once during your turn.
Using growth this way you can place those tokens adjacent to any of YOUR groups on the board. It doesn't have to be the same group.
Of course, using impulse on your turn you will only charge your tokens.
ad.1 LOSS OF TOKENS
The wording might be a bit confusing, you are right and thank you for pointing this out. In simple words: you gain trophies as a result of fight which you win or draw and as a result of Overtake action (Alium) as the rulebook states. But you DON'T take them as Trophies when using Ferox's Destroy action. You simply return them to your opponent's supply.
Concentration of course can be used to add 3 cubes to a space already containing energy. This is how you increase the power of radioactive spaces on the board. It works the same with Impuls (Impulse just adds 2 cubes).
You are right. It is only made with the power of moved space. You don't add the already present energy BUT you use all other rules for resilience test. So first you determine the power of the space (which is the moved power) and later count the number of population token groups adjacent to it (for each player separately). This added together gives you the radiation threat value and this is when players roll a die.
I hope that you like the game and that I managed to solve your rules problems. Of course I will be happy to answer any other questions in the future! Have fun playing!
Many thanks for these answers !
The game is great and I encourage everyone to give it a try !