Subject: Future Plan Rumours rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, I'm just getting into IS and I started wondering what the lowdown is for the future of the game? Expansions have been dropping steadily for a while now, has there been any rumours or suggestions from the publisher if the Small Deck / Faction Box system is how they are proceeding or if there's some kind of endpoint for expansion in the forseeable future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
So, I'm just getting into IS and I started wondering what the lowdown is for the future of the game? Expansions have been dropping steadily for a while now, has there been any rumours or suggestions from the publisher if the Small Deck / Faction Box system is how they are proceeding or if there's some kind of endpoint for expansion in the forseeable future.

Portal announced four releases in 2017 and none of them are about Imperial Settlers, so, I think that at least next year we will not have a new expansion.

The link: Portal Games announces four new titles for 2017
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that for most games it is the case that once an expansion doesn't meet the publishers expectations, or gives any reason to think that a new expansion is not warranted, a publisher will put things on hold.

If Aztecs turns out to be yet another hit, more expansions are likely to follow. Ignacy is likely to be creative enough to come up with more.

Having said that, there is a good chance that eventually, expansions will stop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Wachowski
Poland
Rudnik nad Sanem (podkarpackie)
podkarpackie
flag msg tools
There was said that it's plan to release a one faction a year and 1-2 empire packs per year AND that developing Imperial Settlers is planned for at least 3 years after release of base game, so we can except at least one more faction and one empire pack.

Portal always do their major announcements on Portalcon, which takes place on January, so I think that then we can except new Empire Pack announcement
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like more expansions but I wouldn't be disappointed if no more came out after Aztecs as I think there is quite a lot of content to explore already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Marechal
United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The next expansion is almost all done, though not officially announced. It will feature buildings meant for one faction but that you add to another faction's deck. There is a card previewing the concept included in the Aztec expansion, so you can check it out right away - the future is now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueM wrote:
The next expansion is almost all done, though not officially announced. It will feature buildings meant for one faction but that you add to another faction's deck. There is a card previewing the concept included in the Aztec expansion, so you can check it out right away - the future is now!

Which card is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:
RogueM wrote:

Which card is it?

He is being ironic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.