Josh aka "Ossian Grr"
I have found a few threads that talk about Michael McGlen going insane if he gets into an infinite loop (a monster that does 1 damage, but he can't beat its toughness or evade).
But in the general case:
If Michael McGlen is in combat with a monster and:
1) Passes the Horror Check (if any)
2) the Monster has a Toughness that he *can* theoretically succeed against (which can be reasonably high when he still has the Tommy Gun) and
3) the Monster only deals 1 Combat Damage and has no notable special abilities...
...do you need to play out that combat, or can you just declare it an automatic win, since _eventually_ he is guaranteed to kill the monster?
Edit: ...even if he is Cursed?
Just wondering if I'm missing something.
- Last edited Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:13 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:01 am
If there is no way for him to go down, but he can beat the monster, just declare a win.
No need to torture yourself rolling for that 6 a hundred times.
If however, you get a 'loop': no way to win but no way to die either, the investigator goes insane and combat ends.