Subject: tank attack - clarification please rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Blight
Netherlands
Wageningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As far as I can tell, there are only two times when a tank will attack (edit: using the Zhukov ruleset!):

1) if an action is taken by a player in a space containing a tank (attack happens before the action)
2) if a card (zhukov or event) says so

In the second case, do tanks fire where there are no players present? i.e. anywhere there are active fighters or barricades?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denis sauzedde
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
it seems so, when you read for example the appendix of Zhukov card

Z#11 News blockade in Romania:
The card takes effect even if there is a barricade token on the location of a Soviet tank. If there are no players, active fighters, revolutionary tanks or barricades on a location of a Soviet tank, it does not fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, senik's reading of the appendix is correct. The whole purpose of those cards (Zhukov or Headline) is to make tanks "escape" barricades or blow up "forgotten" fighters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Blight
Netherlands
Wageningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks both!

And double thanks to David for the great game, I have really enjoyed both learning the game and some history! I'm looking forward to a full conflict playthrough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you allowed though to take a wound and avoid your fighters and barricades being lost even if you are not in the zone?

It's a game mechanic right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VikingBerserker wrote:
Are you allowed though to take a wound and avoid your fighters and barricades being lost even if you are not in the zone?

It's a game mechanic right?

No. There are two keywords being used very consistently:

injure and hit. Injure always refers to a particular player (or a player of the Soviet's choice, or a player in a particular location, etc.) In that case that player takes one wound.

Hit always refers to a location. Things in that location must suffer: barricade to be removed, active fighter to be killed, player to be wounded. Which of these three happens is the Revolutionaries' choice, but any selected target must be present at the location being hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Continuing with this thread:

If a revolutionary enters a location where there are two tanks and decides to take an action at that location, the rules says that both tanks can fire.

If that same revolutionary takes ANOTHER action in the SAME location, will this allow both tanks to fire AGAIN?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefsachem wrote:
Continuing with this thread:

If a revolutionary enters a location where there are two tanks and decides to take an action at that location, the rules says that both tanks can fire.

If that same revolutionary takes ANOTHER action in the SAME location, will this allow both tanks to fire AGAIN?

I'm afraid so. Those tanks are there for a reason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you activate Peter Hajas (passive: tanks don't auto fire) in a location with a tank I assume the tank still fires since they always fire before the action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
If you activate Peter Hajas (passive: tanks don't auto fire) in a location with a tank I assume the tank still fires since they always fire before the action.

I don't have my notes here but I think they do (same as building a barricade)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.