1 Posts

Xenofera» Forums » News

Subject: Xenofera – KickStarter Campaign Day 14 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Taela Sky
msg tools
Progress

The campaign continues to go strong. I am so excited. Xenofera has reached 60% funded and has 300 backers. That's 60% funded in the first 40% of the campaign. I think that is just fantastic.

I've been spending a lot of time getting the word out about the game. Cownivore and I stopped by Game Night in south St. Louis and met some wonderful gamers there and played Xenofera. And then we all hit Apple Bees foack.

Then this last weekend, we traveled to Noble, IL for NobleCon I. It was a small convention but we met a lot of really great gamers and enjoyed teaching them Xenofera. Unfortunately no pics this weekend. I was fighting off a cold and lost my voice about ½ way through Saturday. But no worries, I can still type.

I did manage to film myself and some friends playing a game of Xenofera. I lost :O( But that’s ok. I’ll be attempting to do some editing of it and then I’ll post to the KickStarter page. I know a number of you have been asking for a game play video including some designer tips and comments. So I’m going to do my best to oblige you. Though I warn you, my voice is going to sound pretty rough.

Next weekend I’ll be at What-Khan in Rockford, IL demoing Xenofera and drumming up interest. If any of you are from the area stop by and say hi. It’s always great to meet backers in person.

Early Funding

Well unfortunately, we didn’t make our 10 Day early funding goal. So some of our new friends will not make it.

But with all the outreach Cownivore and I have been doing, I'm still hopeful that we'll be able to pull off early funding and get some of them in the game.

AND NOW THE ANNOUNCEMENT YOU’VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!!!

I truly enjoy sharing Xenofera with everyone. And I want to give as many people as possible the opportunity to be part of the game.

With that in mind, I have just opened up a new $80 pledge level called “Join the Crew”.

The “Join the Crew” will allow you to name one of the crew members found in the game. Be the Exozoologist or the Planetary Scout or the Astrotracker and join the expeditions of players all around the world.

Backers at the “Join the Crew” level will also receive one copy of Xenofera, all stretch goals, and the Planetary Scout level.

This level is on a first come basis and will be limited to 22 backers.

It joins the 2 other levels that let you put a mark on the game,

- The Royal Society ($250) – Become one of the Royal Families

- and The Huntsman ($1000) – Be the Greatest Huntsman in the Galaxy!

Backers Space

For those of you who haven't had a chance to check out the Backers Space on Xenofera. com, I've uploaded a nice background image from the video for you to use as a screen saver or desktop image.

Thanks again everyone....

And keep those comments and questions coming.

Liz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.