Hide
5 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Could this Strategy Card mix work well? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Kratzer
msg tools
I like the SE SCs more in general, but I am not the biggest fan of the Bureaucracy SC and would like to try the Imperial II SC (haven't used it yet though). Looking through the SCs I noticed that only swapping that and keeping all other SE SCs, would mean there are two SCs allowing you to build with a Space Dock without activating the system.
So I came up with the following SC mix between vanilla SCs and the new ones, but I'm not sure if I might have missed something which would make this a bad choice (and don't want to play a full session to find out I'm stupid :-P):

Initiative
Diplomacy II
Political II
Logistics
Warfare II
Trade II
Technology II
Imperial II

Do any of you see a downside to this mix? Any opinions are appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I play with, and enjoy it very much. It's really the way Imperial II was intended to be played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
My only suggested swap is to keep Political 1, and then just add the council process to it. Political 2 has very little incentive to choose it, and without getting chosen, you won't get as many fun political phases per game.

Political 1's 3 action cards and command counter make it hard to say no to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kratzer
msg tools
That is a great idea !
Thanks Steve, appreciate the input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeyTrib1550 wrote:
I like the SE SCs more in general, but I am not the biggest fan of the Bureaucracy SC and would like to try the Imperial II SC (haven't used it yet though). Looking through the SCs I noticed that only swapping that and keeping all other SE SCs, would mean there are two SCs allowing you to build with a Space Dock without activating the system.
So I came up with the following SC mix between vanilla SCs and the new ones, but I'm not sure if I might have missed something which would make this a bad choice (and don't want to play a full session to find out I'm stupid :-P):

Initiative
Diplomacy II
Political II
Logistics
Warfare II
Trade II
Technology II
Imperial II

Do any of you see a downside to this mix? Any opinions are appreciated!

We played with this set for a long time, the downside for us was expensive CC's (3 Influence vs 2 Influence with Leadership), Political (base) is a better SC, and of course no Production (SC#4). There were things we liked and didn't like about Bureaucracy (scoring slowed to a death knell crawl, no fun) and Imperial II led to way too many anti-climactic "bubble" victories. Eventually we made our own set of blended Strategy Cards that we've been playing with for almost five years now (about to play our 27th game of TI3 with them).

We're never going back...

We use:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/100478/galactic-senate-sc...
...but this of course requires making your own SC's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.