Recommend
14 
 Thumb up
 Hide
98 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Oh My Goods!: Longsdale in Revolt» Forums » General

Subject: i'd like to buy a copy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giuseppe L
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
Now that it's finished essen, where can i find this game?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
This site needs a forum where we can put the faux offended so we can ignore them.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

https://shop.lookout-spiele.de/produkte/oh-my-goods-lonsdale...
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note: There is only limited stock, the publisher told me 300 copies were reserved for the webshop.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd been hovering on the Lookout site waiting for it to go in-stock, but this note let me know before I found it myself!

And I can confirm that as an American with limited German knowledge, I was able to order to ship to a US address using Paypal for a very reasonable price, using mostly the Translate function in Chrome and some common sense.

Thanks again for the heads up!
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gipyls wrote:
I'd been hovering on the Lookout site waiting for it to go in-stock, but this note let me know before I found it myself!

And I can confirm that as an American with limited German knowledge, I was able to order to ship to a US address using Paypal for a very reasonable price, using mostly the Translate function in Chrome and some common sense.

Thanks again for the heads up!


Hey Dan, looking forward to Lunarchitects! Would you mind sharing the final shipped price in USD? Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I just ordered one - it was all in German, but Google translate helped me out. I think it was about $14 total incl shipping. I hope I put my address in correctly and it comes to me and not American Samoa.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mpalframan wrote:
Hey Dan, looking forward to Lunarchitects! Would you mind sharing the final shipped price in USD? Thanks!


So as not to derail, pm sent.

In thread-related conversation: my normal game group's experience with Oh My Goods! was, for them, lackluster. They said they were excited to see all the possible chains on the cards, but then were sad to just discard them as goods. They felt like they also wanted to know the chain steps going into it, so they knew what they were committing to. And they felt like the game ended too quickly, because one player's strategy was always building cheaply. BUT BUT we weren't playing with the updated rules! After playing those once, they were more intrigued. But still I've struggled to have them try it some more... thus the purchase. They loved Time Stories and Pandemic Legacy, so I'm hoping this captures a bit of the epic-ness of those in a small card game that I want them to love as much as I do!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My last game I was very excited to convert a cloth ($3) and a coal ($1) into shirts ($4, so a net of $0). I kept looking for cards to use shirts the rest of the game, but never got any :/.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Berger
Israel
Kfar Saba
flag msg tools
KD:M!!!!!!!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mpalframan wrote:
My last game I was very excited to convert a cloth ($3) and a coal ($1) into shirts ($4, so a net of $0). I kept looking for cards to use shirts the rest of the game, but never got any :/.


We can continue this on PM's if needed.
Check the rules again, you should have converted both the coal and the cloth (2 cards) to shirts. 1 cloth + 1 coal = 2 shirts.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much, copy ordered!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed... was roughly $14 total including shipping.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
took me about an hour of google translate and paypal problems, but I think I have one on the way too
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Should have one on the way, I was expecting shipping to bite a bit more, but I guess the worst part will be the waiting!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuseppe L
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
Thanks so much, copy ordered!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Stewart
msg tools
Tried to order a copy, but looks like it's sold out
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, yes
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
Unfortunately, yes


Or fortunately, if there was any question on whether it would be popular

Looking forward to playing!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Stewart
msg tools
oh well Hopefully this becomes available again...

Well done Alexander!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Ordered it just in time! Unless the german PDFs I got in my email say it was out of stock...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick D
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
gipyls wrote:
mpalframan wrote:
Hey Dan, looking forward to Lunarchitects! Would you mind sharing the final shipped price in USD? Thanks!


So as not to derail, pm sent.

In thread-related conversation: my normal game group's experience with Oh My Goods! was, for them, lackluster. They said they were excited to see all the possible chains on the cards, but then were sad to just discard them as goods. They felt like they also wanted to know the chain steps going into it, so they knew what they were committing to. And they felt like the game ended too quickly, because one player's strategy was always building cheaply. BUT BUT we weren't playing with the updated rules! After playing those once, they were more intrigued. But still I've struggled to have them try it some more... thus the purchase. They loved Time Stories and Pandemic Legacy, so I'm hoping this captures a bit of the epic-ness of those in a small card game that I want them to love as much as I do!



Updated rules?!?!?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gipyls wrote:
mpalframan wrote:
Hey Dan, looking forward to Lunarchitects! Would you mind sharing the final shipped price in USD? Thanks!


So as not to derail, pm sent.

In thread-related conversation: my normal game group's experience with Oh My Goods! was, for them, lackluster. They said they were excited to see all the possible chains on the cards, but then were sad to just discard them as goods. They felt like they also wanted to know the chain steps going into it, so they knew what they were committing to. And they felt like the game ended too quickly, because one player's strategy was always building cheaply. BUT BUT we weren't playing with the updated rules! After playing those once, they were more intrigued. But still I've struggled to have them try it some more... thus the purchase. They loved Time Stories and Pandemic Legacy, so I'm hoping this captures a bit of the epic-ness of those in a small card game that I want them to love as much as I do!


That player really should be informed that building fast and cheaply isn't necessarily that wise. I had a player do that in one of the last games I played, triggering the ending - and I had only built 3 buildings (built the 4th in the final round), not hired any assistants, and that chain of mine was still powerful enough to win alongside a third player who had also focused on stronger, but fewer buildings.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
freefallnick wrote:
gipyls wrote:
mpalframan wrote:
Hey Dan, looking forward to Lunarchitects! Would you mind sharing the final shipped price in USD? Thanks!


So as not to derail, pm sent.

In thread-related conversation: my normal game group's experience with Oh My Goods! was, for them, lackluster. They said they were excited to see all the possible chains on the cards, but then were sad to just discard them as goods. They felt like they also wanted to know the chain steps going into it, so they knew what they were committing to. And they felt like the game ended too quickly, because one player's strategy was always building cheaply. BUT BUT we weren't playing with the updated rules! After playing those once, they were more intrigued. But still I've struggled to have them try it some more... thus the purchase. They loved Time Stories and Pandemic Legacy, so I'm hoping this captures a bit of the epic-ness of those in a small card game that I want them to love as much as I do!



Updated rules?!?!?


Yes, there is a version 2.0 of the rules that significantly changes game play. Download them here:
https://www.mayfairgames.com/gamesupport/oh-my-goods-rules-v...

Basically, there are two changes:

1) you can play a Mulligan at the start of a round, discarding your hand and drawing a new one. Very useful if you got a bad hand, especially at the start.

2) after the last round, there is a final production / chaining phase where you can activate all of the buildings in your tableau, regardless of whether they have assistants. This totally changes the game because it incentivizes players to build and plan for a big "production run" at game end.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume the rulebook for OMG!: LiA is in german?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mpalframan wrote:
I assume the rulebook for OMG!: LiA is in german?

The oh my goods original hss english rules. Royal Goods might have been in only german.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
mpalframan wrote:
I assume the rulebook for OMG!: LiA is in german?

The oh my goods original hss english rules. Royal Goods might have been in only german.


I have English rules for the original, I'm wondering if the expansion rule book will be only in German.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.