Subject: Scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Shurym
Belarus
Минск
flag msg tools
Hallo,
I have a question about wording of the scoring card.
It seems strange that it states "player who activated scoring additionally scores 1 point for every control token." So I don't quiet get why does it states additionally. If i understood correclty, player who activated gets just one point for each control token whereas the other players get 1 point for every crystal. So "additionally" does not make sense.
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shurma wrote:
Hallo,
I have a question about wording of the scoring card.
It seems strange that it states "player who activated scoring additionally scores 1 point for every control token." So I don't quiet get why does it states additionally. If i understood correclty, player who activated gets just one point for each control token whereas the other players get 1 point for every crystal. So "additionally" does not make sense.
Thank you

When scoring is enabled, the player that enabled scoring scores 1 point for each region they have a control marker in, and 1 point for every crystal in those regions. All other players only score their controlled crystals. (reminder: Trog players only get half the points for crystals)

This is why the card says additionally, as it's a bonus for enabling scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Shurym
Belarus
Минск
flag msg tools
Thank you very much. I thought that I misread something and I did. Did not realize that "than all playres score points for crystals" includes the player who activated the scoring.
Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Shurym
Belarus
Минск
flag msg tools
If it is not too much can you please explain to me drawing cards mechanic.
In the piligrim dech there is a card Telepathic Link. It states draw a card. Does it mean that I can draw from anywhere? I mean either my deck or Terrain deck.
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shurma wrote:
In the piligrim dech there is a card Telepathic Link. It states draw a card. Does it mean that I can draw from anywhere? I mean either my deck or Terrain deck.
Thank you

Yes, any time a bonus gives you the ability to draw a card, you have 5 choices. Your personal deck, or 1 of the 4 terrain decks. If you draw multiple cards, they must all come from the same deck.

Actually, it appears that card draw bonuses on tactics cards are drawn from your personal deck. Sorry for the confusion.

You only choose the deck when you take the Draw Two, Keep one action. In that case you choose from your deck or any of the 4 terrain tactics decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
Shurma wrote:
Thank you

Yes, any time a bonus gives you the ability to draw a card, you have 5 choices. Your personal deck, or 1 of the 4 terrain decks. If you draw multiple cards, they must all come from the same deck.

I don't think this is true. The rulebook specifies "your deck" when it talks about action cards letting you draw a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flame112 wrote:
jmathias wrote:
Shurma wrote:
Thank you

I don't think this is true. The rulebook specifies "your deck" when it talks about action cards letting you draw a card.

Hmm, Yup you are right, I could have sworn I saw that you could choose any deck somewhere, but in review it is clearly only your deck for card draw bonuses. I corrected my answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Shurym
Belarus
Минск
flag msg tools
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.