Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking all over this weekend, I couldn't find anything that I thought would be suitable for the Silver Tower theme. Tons of traditional fantasy dungeon dressing, but nothing on the more bright, colorful side of things.

Anyone have any ideas on how to pimp out the Silver Tower so it's a little more like Heroquest or Dungeon Saga?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Hooligan wrote:
Looking all over this weekend, I couldn't find anything that I thought would be suitable for the Silver Tower theme. Tons of traditional fantasy dungeon dressing, but nothing on the more bright, colorful side of things.

Anyone have any ideas on how to pimp out the Silver Tower so it's a little more like Heroquest or Dungeon Saga?

Shadows of Brimstone has a set of archways called "Doorways into Darkness." The otherworld portals look quite cool.

Other than that, I wouldn't know what to suggest that wouldn't bugger up every game by getting in the way. The locations for Silver Tower aren't open squares and rectangles like in Heroquest or Advanced Heroquest, so it's difficult to add too much without hindering the flow of the game.

I suppose you could try to find the old wizard's table from HeroQuest (or something similar), which wouldn't look out of place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the look of the Doorways into Darkness. Not the mine door so much, but the other with the runes and the 'blue horror' on top.

Any idea if these are large enough for the ST minis? I may buy a set, but don't need portals that are too small...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Hooligan wrote:
I like the look of the Doorways into Darkness. Not the mine door so much, but the other with the runes and the 'blue horror' on top.

Any idea if these are large enough for the ST minis? I may buy a set, but don't need portals that are too small...

Yeah, I only meant the portals. The mine arches wouldn't fit thematically for the Silver Tower (but who knows what the future may bring?)

(Image by Headbangert)

To be honest, I was holding out in the hope GW might make their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those actually look really good.

Who knows...maybe the 'mine arches' might fit if GW does an undead set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I don't have anything specifically for Silver Tower in particular, if you don't mind a bit of do-it-yourself, there's always either PDF based paper terrain (beautiful results, but can be a bit on the fragile side) or STL/OBJ based 3d models (significantly more durable, but requires access to a 3d printer in some capacity, which has its own issues).

I'd need to run a search for anything pre-made that could fit the bill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mantic did some furniture as part of their Dungeon Saga campaign.

All in nice, hard, plastic too. Most of the basic Heroquest type pieces were made. Tables, wells, bookshelves, desks, armories...

Under 13 at Miniature Market for a box of it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
illiterate bookworm wrote:
Mantic did some furniture as part of their Dungeon Saga campaign.

All in nice, hard, plastic too. Most of the basic Heroquest type pieces were made. Tables, wells, bookshelves, desks, armories...

Under 13 at Miniature Market for a box of it!

That stuff looks cool, but it's not really in keeping with the style of the Silver Tower. If GW does a more generic box for Warhammer Quest, it would be very tempting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the look of the Baleful Realm Gate scenery pieces from Games Workshop to act as dungeon doors. Possibly bit pricey though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was this Kickstarter a while back. The stuff hasn't gone into any kind of general distribution yet because they still haven't delivered to backers, but it might be worth keeping an eye on. Most of the stuff is clearly for HeroQuest, but there are a few bits and bobs you could paint up for a Tzeentch dungeon.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1207385459/twisting-cat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"If you can find a creative way to make a floating rock, that would work. Or an upside-down pyramid, or rocks that are set on fire that's all sorts of blues and purples. Or, trees with faces jutting out of the bark. That's Tzeentch." http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45865

You could make chunks of tiles and weird glowing rock that "float" above the board slightly. No actual game effect because of height. : http://burnout75.blogspot.com/2015/02/tzeentch-warp-terrain....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
panzer-attack wrote:
I like the look of the Baleful Realm Gate scenery pieces from Games Workshop to act as dungeon doors. Possibly bit pricey though.

These are really cool models but they are huge!

The gate itself is 8 inches from base to top and 5 inches wide. The stairs add another 2 inches in height and 4 in width.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
panzer-attack wrote:

The gate itself is 8 inches from base to top and 5 inches wide. The stairs add another 2 inches in height and 4 in width.

I actually just walked past my local Games Workshop and saw a couple in the window and you're right, they are surprisingly huge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
panzer-attack wrote:
DegenerateElite wrote:
panzer-attack wrote:

I actually just walked past my local Games Workshop and saw a couple in the window and you're right, they are surprisingly huge!

I love them. I was thinking of getting some for Anima Tactics.

As for Tzeentch scenery - kitbashing is probably the best option. I think the burning chariot sprue has some good bits on it. The disk for the herald could be a table, floating table, portal doorway, or arcane object; there are some books you could put on clear rods to be floating magic tomes. Stuff like that.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Chaos-Daemons-Herald-of...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.