Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
In fact, new to tactical wargaming in general. I've tinkered with (and enjoyed) CC for a few years now. CoH was a revelation to me when I picked up AtB 1st ed at a flea market for $5. While researching that system, I came across BoB. So, during a recent ordering frenzy I ordered that too. Now I'm seeing that SE has not-so-great rules that were improved in GP.

Q: Obviously I have the REVISED edition of SE. Does this completely improve/upgrade the proficiency rules that I'm reading so much about? Or do I still need to purchase GP to experience the system at it's best?

Thanks for any assistance. And thanks for letting me come into these forums and toss around cool anagrams like CC, CoH, AtB, BoB, SE, GP... I feel like a real wargamer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Evans
United Kingdom
St Ives
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The remastered edition has all the rules updates and new counters. You have everything you need to fully enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven Stassen
Belgium
Kessel-Lo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephen Glenn wrote:
In fact, new to tactical wargaming in general. I've tinkered with (and enjoyed) CC for a few years now. CoH was a revelation to me when I picked up AtB 1st ed at a flea market for $5. While researching that system, I came across BoB. So, during a recent ordering frenzy I ordered that too. Now I'm seeing that SE has not-so-great rules that were improved in GP.

Q: Obviously I have the REVISED edition of SE. Does this completely improve/upgrade the proficiency rules that I'm reading so much about? Or do I still need to purchase GP to experience the system at it's best?

Thanks for any assistance. And thanks for letting me come into these forums and toss around cool anagrams like CC, CoH, AtB, BoB, SE, GP... I feel like a real wargamer

Sounds like you got all you need to enjoy BoB.

Other great tactical wargames are ASL, ATS, LnL, WaW and V&V if you like some P&P.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Stephen. BoB is my favorite tactical game - it's not as accessible as CoH, but it "feels" better to me. The rules are quite straightforward, but terse - not a lot of wasted language in there. Good luck.

And yes if you have the new edition of Screaming Eagles, you are good to go with all the latest stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

lievenstassen wrote:
Other great tactical wargames are ASL, ATS, LnL, WaW and V&V if you like some P&P.

Argh! Some people may actually be new here and won't have a clue what you're talking about!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ROFLMAO!laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
lievenstassen wrote:

I think I'll pass on ASL. No way I'll ever be ready for that level of complexity. LnL is Lock and Load, yes? I don't know the other ones.

I've got my hands full with CC, CoH and BoB for now. If I try to squeeze any more in I'll be DOA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
Thanks to the posters in this thread. I too have just bought Screaming Eagles and was wondering if i still needed TA or GP to have corrected rules, counters and the like.

Glad i have the right thing but my local store also has the remastered GP in so i think i will just pull the trigger on that too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer1701d wrote:
I'm not interested in more Eastern Front warfare at the moment so I think I will just concentrate on SE and TA for the moment. My understanding is that SE has all that I need to play and half of TA adds more scenarios for SE.

SE is indeed a complete game (with plenty of scenarios). But the TA expansion apparently requires GP too for its scenarios (and its box indeed says that it requires both SE and GP to play).

See this thread from the TA forum:

Scenario List
("However, note that every single Texas Arrows scenario requires maps or counters from Ghost Panzer")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.