The Hotness
Games|People|Company
The Hotness has gone cold...
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Odd. My Order says shipping wave 2 but... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Salvato
United States
Melville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
My Paypal account was charged today. I thought they would not charge your account until your game was ready to ship? Order still says processing though so maybe it's just PayPal policy to charge it before hand?

Or maybe they had some cancellations and they are filling some wave 2 orders with them?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was charged immediately for my wave 2 order and I just paid by credit card. I believe that was the norm, they charged wave 2 immediately as well.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
westfall60 wrote:
My Paypal account was charged today. I thought they would not charge your account until your game was ready to ship? Order still says processing though so maybe it's just PayPal policy to charge it before hand?

Or maybe they had some cancellations and they are filling some wave 2 orders with them?


My understanding is they are treating it as a pre-order. Common practice with preorders is to charge at the time of the order regardless of when the game ships.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
westfall60 wrote:
My Paypal account was charged today. I thought they would not charge your account until your game was ready to ship? Order still says processing though so maybe it's just PayPal policy to charge it before hand?

Or maybe they had some cancellations and they are filling some wave 2 orders with them?


My understanding is they are treating it as a pre-order. Common practice with preorders is to charge at the time of the order regardless of when the game ships.


Not on Amazon it isn't.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rvervuurt wrote:
thebaker1983 wrote:
westfall60 wrote:
My Paypal account was charged today. I thought they would not charge your account until your game was ready to ship? Order still says processing though so maybe it's just PayPal policy to charge it before hand?

Or maybe they had some cancellations and they are filling some wave 2 orders with them?


My understanding is they are treating it as a pre-order. Common practice with preorders is to charge at the time of the order regardless of when the game ships.


Not on Amazon it isn't.


Maybe not on Amazon...but anytime I've pre-ordered a board game from the company selling it (most recently Seafall) I was charged immediately. Kickstarter works the same way (except you're usually charged at the end of the campaign I believe...but still well before the item is shipped).

Perhaps it's not an "every time" thing with all companies but it is certainly common enough to not be considered a strange occurrence.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
westfall60 wrote:
My Paypal account was charged today. I thought they would not charge your account until your game was ready to ship? Order still says processing though so maybe it's just PayPal policy to charge it before hand?

Or maybe they had some cancellations and they are filling some wave 2 orders with them?


My understanding is they are treating it as a pre-order. Common practice with preorders is to charge at the time of the order regardless of when the game ships.


The sites I order from charge immediately for pre-orders (Canadian online retailers mostly). I think it's pretty standard.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Amazon do a price guarantee that if the price drops you get charged the lowest amount. That's why they don't charge you immediately. They charge you the best price between when you ordered and the time it ships.

Not likely to happen elsewhere, it happens on amazon as they are such a big player and their prices are much more fluid.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Critical Bill
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I was invoiced and had a order confirmation but I haven't got a shipping notification. The order still says wave 1 processing and I was billed. I have no idea what's going on.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
criticalbill6966 wrote:
I was invoiced and had a order confirmation but I haven't got a shipping notification. The order still says wave 1 processing and I was billed. I have no idea what's going on.


That just means yours hasn't shipped yet. As long as it doesn't say "Wave 1 Shipment 2" or something to that effect you'll have yours shipped by the end of the week. They're doing roughly 2000 a day.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
criticalbill6966 wrote:
I was invoiced and had a order confirmation but I haven't got a shipping notification. The order still says wave 1 processing and I was billed. I have no idea what's going on.


Then you are in the majority camp. I'm not sure why you're so confused?

The info they sent you should have said "we will email you" when it is shipped. Riot has stated here that they are hoping to process about 2,000 shipments per day. So far, they've had Friday. And today.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Critical Bill
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
thebaker1983 wrote:
criticalbill6966 wrote:
I was invoiced and had a order confirmation but I haven't got a shipping notification. The order still says wave 1 processing and I was billed. I have no idea what's going on.


That just means yours hasn't shipped yet. As long as it doesn't say "Wave 1 Shipment 2" or something to that effect you'll have yours shipped by the end of the week. They're doing roughly 2000 a day.


I haven't been keeping up with the posts here, so that's is cool to hear. My main thought was I would have have to wait till the 2nd print.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.