Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got some French-speaking GeekBuddies (my oldest daughter is actually one of them!! ) and whenever we write each other in French through the GeekMail system, our messages come out all garbled because of the accents.
Now I'm not 100% sure, but I think it didn't use to be that way a year or so ago.
What happened? And can it be fixed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently sent out some geekmails with double-quotes in places and they ended up garbled on the other end. I don't think it's just the French characters, something else is at work here. I just figured it was a temporary hiccup. You're right, it didn't do this before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It happenes with the german Umlauts, too (äöü). And i have a geekmail from april 2nd with this effect. So it is not completely new. Maybe since the big geekmail overhaul a few months ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah really thoughta this thread wooda been abut sumeting else...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Ölmestig
Sweden
Halmstad
Halland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm having the same problem. It doesn't seem to disappear with a different encoding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
another bigger problem is the fact when you try to send a gekkmail to someone that has accents in their username its not possible to do because BGG stuffs them up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I have a really bad english accent when sending Geek Mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.