Subject: Homebrew Great Old One: Zoth Syra rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
... because whenever I read Cthulhu Mythos story containing a good monster, I feel the urge to stat it up.

Quote:
Zoth Syra
Independent Great Old One

"In the ancient books, men have written of a race of Syrens, monstrous beauties of the seas, who lured men to death and worse with their strange, irresistible chanting... sullen and alone, they begat the People of the Abyss, a race of creatures that lurks on the edge of time, safe in the maw of the green ocean, until the moment comes when they shall again proclaim themselves and retake the world
- Stanley C. Sargent, "Spawn of the Green Abyss"

To awaken Zoth Syra: Must have your faction Great Old One in an Area with your Controlled Gate. Pay 4 Power and place Zoth Syra in that Area.

Combat: 1

Ability: Siren Call
Action: Cost 1
Move any single enemy Cultist or Monster of your choice to any adjacent Area to which it would normally be able to Move. (Do not benefit from Ongoing abilities such as Flying.)
Then immediately take another, different Action. (If you combine this with something like The Screaming Dead, you do not get a third Action.)

"They call.… They call for Lazarus Heath.… Zoth Syra bewails her lost one; she bids me come home. You hear? The Great Ones of The Green Abyss hail me! I come, O, beauteous Zoth Syra! Your lost one returneth, O, Weeping Goddess of the Green Nothingness…!"

Spellbook Requirement
Capture an enemy Cultist with Zoth Syra.

"Lazarus Heath was seized with an unutterable nausea, a repulsion that made him want to return, to go back somehow, and die as normal men would in such circumstances. But, he went on. In some inexplicable manner, he had become a part of this world of loathsome watery putrescence. He became one with the creatures who were the subjects of Zoth Syra, Empress of the Abyss."

Zoth Syra Spellbook: Spawn of the Green Abyss
Ongoing
Whenever you Capture an enemy Cultist, you may immediately return the Cultist to the owner’s pool and place any Monster from your pool either in the Cultist’s Area or in Zoth Syra’s Area. If you do so, you do not get points for sacrificing the Cultist.
(Can be used immediately on the Cultist you Capture for the spellbook requirement.)

"There was no time; there was nothing but an endless, bittersweet madness, from which he had not the will to escape. He became to the creatures of the Abyss, Yoth Zara, the Chosen One... And, when the Empress of the Abyss bore Lazarus Heath a child in his image, he fled..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Norton
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
Have you Seen it?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a really cool Neutral GOO. Nice work!

I am considering sculpting my own creatures for the Homebrew stuff in OS2, so I am keeping an eye out for interesting abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SlyMcNasty wrote:
This is a really cool Neutral GOO. Nice work!

I am considering sculpting my own creatures for the Homebrew stuff in OS2, so I am keeping an eye out for interesting abilities.

Thanks for the encouragement, man!

I picture Zoth Syra as a sort of twisted mermaid, but you could also picture her as something more monstrous. She is not seen in the story, but another individual of her race is encountered, a male named Yoth Kala. He is described as a semi-insubstantial gelatinous thing with at least one long tentacle.

In my personal headcanon, Zoth Syra's race are are subgroup of Cthulhu's race. Their "empire" is a colony like R'lyeh, just smaller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.