Hide
5 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Initiative in the Engagement Rounds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Obsidian Rose
msg tools
I am very new to Eclipse, and I am working my way through it as best I can. Have got through pages 22 and 23 of the combat rules, I think I have most of it, but cannot find the answer to the following.

I understand the missiles round. But when the Engagement rounds start do you work out the initiative for every engagement round ( if there is more than one as per the example on page 23 ) or just once at the start of the engagement rounds for the whole battle.

My thoughts at the moment is you work it out for every round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obsidianrose wrote:
I am very new to Eclipse, and I am working my way through it as best I can. Have got through pages 22 and 23 of the combat rules, I think I have most of it, but cannot find the answer to the following.

I understand the missiles round. But when the Engagement rounds start do you work out the initiative for every engagement round ( if there is more than one as per the example on page 23 ) or just once at the start of the engagement rounds for the whole battle.

My thoughts at the moment is you work it out for every round.

Since the order never changes, you only work it out once at the start.

Cheers,
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer Nilsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After missiles is resolved, count the initiative for all ships, and order them to a list. Go from top to bottom, and start again from start if needed.

Example
RedInterceptor defender - 3 initiative <- defender goes first on tie
BlueInterceptor attacker - 3 initiative
RedCruiser defender - 2 initiative <- same initiative, you choose order
RedDreadnaught defender - 2 initiative <- same initiative, you choose order
BlueDreadnaught attacker - 1 initiative
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsidian Rose
msg tools
Thanks Chris, much obliged

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsidian Rose
msg tools
Thanks to you also Kristoffer, that has sorted out another problem. Now all I have to do is get the publishers to hopefully send me some tiles that were missing and I should be ready to go....fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.