Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Sorry for a silly question but I'm a bit confused by the two expansions. I have just ordered Awakening the Bear 2nd edition, and I'm wondering Is the Firefight Generator different from Solo Expansion ? Looking at the Firefight Generator expansion it says it does contain solo functionality as well. If I only by Firefight Generator, will it include the Solo expansion functionality or the two expansions cover different functionality in which case I would like to get both.

Thank you!

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
JG53_Jaguar wrote:
Hi All,

Sorry for a silly question but I'm a bit confused by the two expansions. I have just ordered Awakening the Bear 2nd edition, and I'm wondering Is the Firefight Generator different from Solo Expansion ? Looking at the Firefight Generator expansion it says it does contain solo functionality as well. If I only by Firefight Generator, will it include the Solo expansion functionality or the two expansions cover different functionality in which case I would like to get both.

Thank you!

Peter

Get both.

Solo Expansion allows you to play 10 scenarios that come with it against the AI and includes AI deck.

Firefight Generator lets you create new scenarios INCLUDING ones compatible with the AI that comes with the Solo Expansion.

You could use FFG without solo to create FFs for two (or more players), so it's not required, but compatible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
JG53_Jaguar wrote:
Hi All,

Thank you!

Peter

Get both.

Solo Expansion allows you to play 10 scenarios that come with it against the AI and includes AI deck.

Firefight Generator lets you create new scenarios INCLUDING ones compatible with the AI that comes with the Solo Expansion.

You could use FFG without solo to create FFs for two (or more players), so it's not required, but compatible.

I will get both, Thank you for your sniper prompt reply!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
JG53_Jaguar wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
JG53_Jaguar wrote:
Hi All,

Thank you!

Peter

Get both.

I will get both, Thank you for your siper prompt reply!!!

Wise choice.

And I'm nothing if not siper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll just add (in case you or anyone else who may lurk here decides to get only one of the two, after all) that if you're looking to play CoH using the solo system, you need the solo expansion.

The FF Generator, by itself will not allow you to play using the solo system. IOW, to play the solo scenarios that come with the FF Generator, you also need to have the Solo Expansion.

So if you're going to get only one, AND want to play using the solo system, only the Solo Expansion will do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't you be concentrating on Tigers On The Hunt? Just saying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
Shouldn't you be concentrating on Tigers On The Hunt? Just saying.

LOL Peter, my answer to that is: for me, life is not just about strawberry flavour

I'm currently working UPDATE2 for TotH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was more an assumption about free time than tastes. I released my first app this year and it's been pretty tough to play other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
JG53_Jaguar wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
JG53_Jaguar wrote:
Hi All,

Thank you!

Peter

Get both.

I will get both, Thank you for your siper prompt reply!!!

Wise choice.

And I'm nothing if not siper.

Sorry i fixed my message. I wanted say "sniper"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
It was more an assumption about free time than tastes. I released my first app this year and it's been pretty tough to play other games.

My metaphor still applies. What app is that you are talking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baseball Highlights 2045.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I.M. Jeremic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
does firefight generator work with the solo expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tzinc wrote:
does firefight generator work with the solo expansion?

FFG generates missions for both the base game AND the solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.