Subject: Dead CCG players in Madison, WI? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I doubt it.
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I don't owe you my trust. You owe me your proof.
badge
This is my incredulous face.
mbmbmb
...as in players of dead CCGs. I don't want to play card games with zombies.

I've been having a grand ol' time buying into some dead CCGs from the heyday of the 90s/early 00s CCG boom/decline. I've got a handful of folks in my gaming circle interested, but they're not really "into" CCGs and the associated trappings (sorting cards, building and tuning decks).

Are there any folks in the Madison, WI, area who might be interested in joining us in learning/playing some of these relics of a bygone game glut? We're not looking to necessarily play competitively or organize tournaments or anything; definitely aiming for "friendly-competitive" play, keeping it casual and fun. Cutthroat competitors need not apply.

Not sure how soon we'll be starting up; I'm mostly trying to get a feel for what kind of interest there is locally.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How has your research/outreach at I'm Board or Pegasus gone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Braaaaaains...

*reads first line*

Aw...

*ambles off* Braaaaains...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I doubt it.
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I don't owe you my trust. You owe me your proof.
badge
This is my incredulous face.
mbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
How has your research/outreach at I'm Board or Pegasus gone?

This thread is the first part of my search, actually.

As time permits, I'll be getting in touch with both of them, and probably Misty Mountain and maybe Netherworld, although I don't know much about those communities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with the search. There are tons of CCG players at I'm Board during their many tourneys and CCG-centric evenings, so you may be able to find a few interested players among the many.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.