Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I bought this at 2011 GenCon and have never played yet.

I play to run it tonight at my board game night and get some play in before I get the new KS version.

Is there a starter mission? Jeff's video review mentions a starting scenario fighting another ship. I paged through the book and did not notice a designated starting mission.
Is there one?

Wakrob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Eagle River
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
Gaming in Greater Anchorage area, Alaska since 1978. Looking for Indy-willing RPG players in Eagle River (or willing to drive to Eagle River). Geekmail me if interested.
badge
The Shattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have my books handy, but look at the first mission in the book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i thought it was suppose to be the boot camp mission, but really that mission is next to impossible but it is a lot of fun and very stressful for the players (which is half the fun in this IMO)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Eagle River
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
Gaming in Greater Anchorage area, Alaska since 1978. Looking for Indy-willing RPG players in Eagle River (or willing to drive to Eagle River). Geekmail me if interested.
badge
The Shattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
i thought it was suppose to be the boot camp mission, but really that mission is next to impossible but it is a lot of fun and very stressful for the players (which is half the fun in this IMO)
That's the one... (My books are 1500 miles away at the moment)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
also keep in mind there is a second edition. you could use the second edition starter mission which i think is available on the website, and use that with the first edition rules, if you want a gentle introduction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey V

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
also keep in mind there is a second edition. you could use the second edition starter mission which i think is available on the website, and use that with the first edition rules, if you want a gentle introduction.

try these quickstart 2nd ed. rules (this is a draft):
http://www.mirrorboxgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Bat...

There's a couple sample starter characters here, but note that there's two pilots shown here, which is not ideal. Better to have one of each profession.
www.mirrorboxgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/SampleChar...

I've seen the latest draft of the full 300 page book and things are getting very good.
joey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.