skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mb
Anyone know if the Funagain retail store in Littleton, CO is open and running? The telephone number listed in the FRED program rings to a disconnect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The owner moved out of state (I forgot where) and closed up shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mb
Thanks, and bummer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Wow, that was quick. I swung by the "store" once and found a garage in an industrial "complex". i.e. one of those structures that's like a strip mall made out of garages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wilson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geez, driving from Greeley - why don't you just swing by OUR place? It's closer!
Check out www.timewellspentgames.com and you can find our address on the site.
I guarantee we'd beat their prices anyway!

Jared
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mb
jwdiscovery wrote:
Geez, driving from Greeley - why don't you just swing by OUR place? It's closer!

Jared

Oh, yes you do. We just are visiting family down there, and like to poke our heads around shops. Someday we should come to TimeWellSpent. I didn't think you had a store though, just a warehouse.

Which reminds me, I need to contace you folks about our group in Greeley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jwdiscovery wrote:

Jared

TimeWellSpent...my home away from home!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wilson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
jwdiscovery wrote:

Jared

Oh, yes you do. We just are visiting family down there, and like to poke our heads around shops. Someday we should come to TimeWellSpent. I didn't think you had a store though, just a warehouse.

Which reminds me, I need to contace you folks about our group in Greeley.

Yes, it is a warehouse and so it's not a beautiful air-conditioned environment persay, but it's not that bad either. People stop by daily. We'd be happy to pull some games off the shelves and let you check them out.

When you checkout on our site, there is a "pick up at warehouse" option - No shipping charges!

Please drop by sometime - it's fun for us! It reminds us that people actually play and enjoy these games and that it's not all about brown boxes, brown trucks, and guys in brown uniforms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwdiscovery wrote:
. . . . and guys in brown uniforms.

I think you and Dave should start wearing brown uniforms. And maybe paint all the walls brown as well.

coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain Denver was "officially" never opened in a true retail fashon. We had a small showroom floor and sold some games there, with plans of opening a retail location on Broadway. The store in littleton was a warehouse for FRED distribution, who provided games to local denver game shops.

I ran day to day operations for the warehouse, and am a huge boardgamer. Since I spent most of my time there, I thought it would be fun to have a showroom with gaming space and let gamers have a place to play down south, and a place to get some games.

Plans were in place to open a full retail shop, when I was laid off from my night job (of 5 years)

Since I no longer had a reliable "career" I indeed as Chris said, moved out of state to get a job.

Funagain has been great to me, and I always dreamed of opening a gamestore. Someday I will, but it was not ment to be in Littleton I guess. I know the Guys with Funagain are still interested in "officially" opening a shop in Denver, but it may be sometime before it occurs.

I must say thank you to all of you for even remembering, let alone starting a thread on the geek.

FYI I am employed again (yay) and plan on attending Genghis Khan next year!

Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.