United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We have only played the Prologue, but I saw the name spaces above my ships and I couldn't resist ("Anago" and "Unagi," if you're curious), but then I thought, wait, I don't know if I was instructed to name these yet. Was I supposed to wait?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can name your ships, province, and leader at any time.

If you have an advisor in your possession, you can name it if it isn't already named.

The only things you need to hold off on naming (that I know about) are the islands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Captain's Booke:

The objective of the Prologue is to name all four islands... Each time that you reach a multiple of 3 Glory (3, 6, 9 or 12), choose any unnamed island and name it. Then claim the appropriate milestone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
gpmark wrote:

The objective of the Prologue is to name all four islands... Each time that you reach a multiple of 3 Glory (3, 6, 9 or 12), choose any unnamed island and name it. Then claim the appropriate milestone.

That doesn't answer my question at all, but it's okay, because lactamaeon did already.

Here's the relevant passage from the rule book that I somehow missed when I went looking the first time:

SeaFall Rulebook, Page 6, Names wrote:
You may name your province (on the gameboard and province board) and ships (on your province board) when you are ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool names!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kaiser
Germany
Kriftel
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
gpmark wrote:

Here's the relevant passage from the rule book that I somehow missed when I went looking the first time:

You may name your province (on the gameboard and province board) and ships (on your province board) when you are ready.

I have a question regarding the bolded part. It says "when you are ready"... but how do i know if i am ready ? Or otherwise: what is considered "to be ready" ?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Howard
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you're happy with a name. Ultimately it doesn't matter too much (at least at the start), so don't rush to name them if you're _not_ ready/happy with anything you're thought up. The game won't tell you when you are (it's not a mechanic).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kaiser
Germany
Kriftel
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Paul ! Much appreciated. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Brettner wrote:
Dexter345 wrote:
gpmark wrote:

I have a question regarding the bolded part. It says "when you are ready"... but how do i know if i am ready ? Or otherwise: what is considered "to be ready" ?

Thanks in advance.

I believe I took this much more existentially than it was intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you are ready ... you will know, Grasshopper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
When you are ready ... you will know, Grasshopper.

When you can snatch the pebble from my hand it will be time for you to name your ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.