Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
My Significant Other and I have been getting in a few initial plays of our P500 copy of Sekigahara cool.

I have a question regarding the Turn Order Step. To recap, page 5 of the rules states the following:

The winning player chooses who will move first for both turns in the present week.

Our initial interpretation was the winning player chooses which player moves for turn A and B separately, i.e. it could be Ishida first in turn A, then Tokugawa first in turn B. We played it that the decision for turn B was made after the completion of turn A.

Re-reading the rules, I suppose we can also interpret it in two other ways.

It could mean that the winning player decides immediately after winning the turn order the player who will go first for both turns but these may be different players, i.e. it could be Ishida first in turn A, then Tokugawa first in turn B, but this is decided immediately after winning the turn order.

Or it could mean that the winning player decides immediately after winning the turn order the player who will go first for both turns and these must be the same player, i.e. if it is Ishida first in turn A, then it has to be Ishida first in turn B.

So which interpretation is correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward
United Kingdom
Peckham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your final option is correct. See the rule after the turn order step, which makes it absolutely clear (underlined below):

Quote:
6.4 Turns A and B
Each Weekly Cycle consists of two turns—A and B. Each turn consists of the First Player conducting Movement and Combat, followed by the Second Player conducting Movement and Combat.
When Turn A ends, move the Turn Marker to B and play the B turn. The player who was 1st in the A turn is also 1st in the B turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, we somehow missed that, or failed to connect that bit back to the Turn Order Step blush. Thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.