Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Crossover Pack 5 – The Rogues» Forums » General

Subject: Cryptozoic Page is Up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Chavez
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://cryptozoic.com/dc-comics-deck-building-game-crossove...

Some interesting new info, some things we already knew. Just excited to have some new cards to play with.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Anybody want to talk about the oversized trickster super villain card?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I'd like to hear what you think of it.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:
I'd like to hear what you think of it.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D


stop making new mechanics that don't make a major impact in the game. Also you only make around 10 main deck cards?? Seriously? Why not duplicate some of the cards, resulting in more cards, and a bigger impact in the game. Also i really, really, dislike the fact the "trickster"oversized super villain has the team work ability. Right from the start, they become unplayable if you play vs other over sized super villains/heroes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrlebarican wrote:
stop making new mechanics that don't make a major impact in the game.


Why? This looks like it will give a fun theme to the rogues without destroying the game.

Quote:
Also you only make around 10 main deck cards?? Seriously? Why not duplicate some of the cards, resulting in more cards, and a bigger impact in the game.


That's not what crossover packs are about, though you are certainly welcome to buy two copies.

Quote:
Also i really, really, dislike the fact the "trickster"oversized super villain has the team work ability. Right from the start, they become unplayable if you play vs other over sized super villains/heroes.


Completely disagree. You're given the option to leave a card in your discard pile, at the cost of one opponent gaining a VP? Sounds really fun and strategic. Far more strategic than just copying base set abilities over and over again.

It sounds to me you just don't like crossover packs in theory. If so, that's fine, but I don't think they're going to magically change composition and purpose just because hate everything about them.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Trickster doesn't lose the Teamwork ability when playing against non-Rogues, nor do his foes gain it. He might be very good against others, actually.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You're in luck! There are more than double the main deck cards you're asking for. There is still only one copy of each, but the number of cards has been increased.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Teamwok keyword is not tied to the ongoing effect on Trickster. It has its own built in meaning, like Time Travel did.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nekobat wrote:
The Teamwok keyword is not tied to the ongoing effect on Trickster. It has its own built in meaning, like Time Travel did.


So how would you trigger teamwork?

The time travel expansion was decent. Very few main deck time travel cards, (i love discarding a card to play one in the line up though) and the heroes are close to the weakest ones, if you mix them with others.

I don't even play with the arrow expansion. It's the worst one i think. If i wanted to play a game with the super powers having close to no presence, I'd play street fighter dbg (which i like)

The just league crossover was simply amazing.

Idk cryptozoic, you're trying to implement many different add on abilities that do not mesh with stand alones.

I am one of your DC dbg fans, i still play it with family and friends to this day, I have 2 copies of every stand alone, I played in tournaments. I need more heroes that me and crew can say, throw them in with the other oversized super heroes, they're good.

P.s. please don't do anything like watchmen pack anymore or I'll just tell my local card store not to buy it ever.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't "trigger" teamwork. It is an additional effect that all Rogues can use at the expense of another player gaining a VP.

If you liked the Justice Society Crossover pack, you should really give this one a try. The new mechanics are integrated pretty smoothly, especially if you've played a lot with Forever Evil.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blade Com
msg tools
So, just to clarify ALL Oversized Super Villains in this set has the ability Teamwork. From what I've read, Teamwork is a ability to play the top card of someone's deck by providing them with a VP, and then returning the card at the end of the turn.

They also get another ability, that is separate from that, and can also be used?

I feel like that's too much for a oversized superhero in a competitive game, it would make them hard to mix in with other oversized heroes, giving how big of a advantage two abilities can be, with one being a +2 power card in the mid-late game.

Also with bosses still ranging from 8-15, it's not providing a extra challenge, it's just providing a shorter game. I don't know if that's the objective or not, but it feels like a change in direction.

I've also heard that the plan is for the bosses to just provide VP instead of going in a player's deck once defeated. Unsure if that's just speculation from the first Super-Hero you have to defeat, but I do enjoy that direction to prevent snow balling for boss rushing, my current play group actually prefers doing that to even out games.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrlebarican wrote:
[q="nekobat"]
P.s. please don't do anything like watchmen pack anymore or I'll just tell my local card store not to buy it ever.


Steve, just because you don't like something it doesn't mean it's not good. My play group quite enjoys the Watchmen hidden traitor mechanic.

You would be doing Cryptozoic, your local store, and your local gaming community a disservice by electing yourself the arbitrator of what is good and what is bad.

Let the store stock what they want, let people purchase what they want, and let them decide for themselves what's good and what's not.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Bladecom wrote:
So, just to clarify ALL Oversized Super Villains in this set has the ability Teamwork. From what I've read, Teamwork is a ability to play the top card of someone's deck by providing them with a VP, and then returning the card at the end of the turn.

They also get another ability, that is separate from that, and can also be used?

I feel like that's too much for a oversized superhero in a competitive game, it would make them hard to mix in with other oversized heroes, giving how big of a advantage two are, with one being a +2 power card in the mid-late game.

Also with bosses still ranging from 8-15, it's not providing a extra challenge, it's just providing a shorter game. I don't know if that's the objective or not, but it feels like a change in direction.

I've also heard that the plan is for the bosses to just provide VP instead of going in a player's deck once defeated. Unsure if that's just speculation from the first Super-Hero you have to defeat, but I do enjoy that direction to prevent snow balling for boss rushing, my current play group actually prefers doing that to even out games.


Yes, they all have Teamwork and another small, separate ability.
Granting 1 VP repeatedly to your foes may prove costly over time, so they are not overpowered. Using it early is typically +1 Power at best and nothing a fair amount of the time.
The first Boss does not go into your deck. It gives you VP instead. The rest do go into your deck.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tellerium wrote:
mrlebarican wrote:
[q="nekobat"]
P.s. please don't do anything like watchmen pack anymore or I'll just tell my local card store not to buy it ever.


Steve, just because you don't like something it doesn't mean it's not good. My play group quite enjoys the Watchmen hidden traitor mechanic.

You would be doing Cryptozoic, your local store, and your local gaming community a disservice by electing yourself the arbitrator of what is good and what is bad.

Let the store stock what they want, let people purchase what they want, and let them decide for themselves what's good and what's not.



I'm speaking for 20+ people. We played it twice, and it never been played again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bladecom wrote:
So, just to clarify ALL Oversized Super Villains in this set has the ability Teamwork. From what I've read, Teamwork is a ability to play the top card of someone's deck by providing them with a VP, and then returning the card at the end of the turn.

They also get another ability, that is separate from that, and can also be used?

I feel like that's too much for a oversized superhero in a competitive game, it would make them hard to mix in with other oversized heroes, giving how big of a advantage two abilities can be, with one being a +2 power card in the mid-late game.

Also with bosses still ranging from 8-15, it's not providing a extra challenge, it's just providing a shorter game. I don't know if that's the objective or not, but it feels like a change in direction.

I've also heard that the plan is for the bosses to just provide VP instead of going in a player's deck once defeated. Unsure if that's just speculation from the first Super-Hero you have to defeat, but I do enjoy that direction to prevent snow balling for boss rushing, my current play group actually prefers doing that to even out games.


Ohhh man. I can't wait for this expansion.
It's better to have over powered oversized cards than cards you are not going to use.
That arrow set of over sized super heroes is close to garbage. Also a couple others are not even playable because they are THE WORST. Constantine is garbage (only good in forever evil), the heroes that let let you bring a punch from your discard pile for each different super power you play, is garbage (only good for early game) . The one that lets you draw 0 cost cards for super powers, is garbage (only good for early game) And a bit more as well.

Matt now you need to make cards that negate the effects of cards being played! Also give the ability a name, like you did with team work.
For examplea card would read "+2 power" (if you play it on your turn) and then "insert name of ability"

The ability would be in the rules book , saying
"You may play this card when a foe plays a card. If you do, negate the effects of that card.

It could even be an attack. So the foe has a chance to defend it on his turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrlebarican wrote:
tellerium wrote:
mrlebarican wrote:
[q="nekobat"]
P.s. please don't do anything like watchmen pack anymore or I'll just tell my local card store not to buy it ever.


Steve, just because you don't like something it doesn't mean it's not good. My play group quite enjoys the Watchmen hidden traitor mechanic.

You would be doing Cryptozoic, your local store, and your local gaming community a disservice by electing yourself the arbitrator of what is good and what is bad.

Let the store stock what they want, let people purchase what they want, and let them decide for themselves what's good and what's not.



I'm speaking for 20+ people. We played it twice, and it never been played again.


I would suggest that you have a 20+ person group think problem, rather than an all encompassing right to dictate to others what they should have the right to purchase.

I don't care that you didn't like Watchmen, you are absolutely free to give your opinion to anyone who wants to listen, but you do not have the right to "tell your local store not to buy it ever". You don't have the right to attempt to stop others from being able to purchase the expansion.

As I said, regardless of how many people you are "speaking for", your opinion is not the only opinion, some of us liked that expansion.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrlebarican wrote:
I'm speaking for 20+ people. We played it twice, and it never been played again.

While personal anecdotes can be helpful, they probably find things like 'actual sales figures' more useful in determining what kind of sets will/won't sell.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
grarrrg wrote:
mrlebarican wrote:
I'm speaking for 20+ people. We played it twice, and it never been played again.

While personal anecdotes can be helpful, they probably find things like 'actual sales figures' more useful in determining what kind of sets will/won't sell.


Ill just have to watch it being played before buying it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Ritchie
United States
Lakeland
FL
flag msg tools
When will this or any other dc deckbuilder be availible? This is my favorite deckbuilding game. I even went and bought lotr(fellowship, 2 towers, return), attack on titan just to change it up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
dritchie871 wrote:
When will this or any other dc deckbuilder be availible? This is my favorite deckbuilding game. I even went and bought lotr(fellowship, 2 towers, return), attack on titan just to change it up.


That's a good way to keep things fresh.

Rogues will be out in late March.
Other DC releases for the year will be announced at New York Toy Fair President's Day Weekend.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Event line up, i hope its just another line up that comes from the main deck.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrlebarican wrote:
Event line up, i hope its just another line up that comes from the main deck.


I would wager you have replied to the wrong thread.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
grarrrg wrote:
mrlebarican wrote:
Event line up, i hope its just another line up that comes from the main deck.


I would wager you have replied to the wrong thread.


As of right now, I'm talking about the multiverse box that doesn't have its own thread yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.