Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
GarfieldKlon wrote:
Hi

Will there be a german version?

I went to several German companies at Essen the last few days, but they all frowned and said there were not enough Germans geeky enough for a German game on biochemistry.

Also I had a guy doing a German translation, but he found the task too difficult and gave up. So I am searching for another translator willing to make a translation in return for a free game.

Bios:Genesis has been translated into French and Spanish however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hä? You designed the game and you are from Germany but can't translate it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Huber-Wehner
Germany
Brühl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Eklund is from the United States as far as I know.
He lives in Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GarfieldKlon wrote:
Hä? You designed the game and you are from Germany but can't translate it?

What I find more amusing is that apparently there are "not enough Germans geeky enough for a German game on biochemistry." I always thought Germans were strong on science.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Backert
Germany
Küps
flag msg tools
mb
I guess the German publishers' way of reasoning is that the majority of those geeky Germans wouldn't mind the English language anyway and go ahead and buy that version so that there is not a big enough market left that would warrant a German version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
ilmatyynyalukseni on täynnä ankeriaita
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not as if those geeky Germans will play the game with their non gameing family (probably)
so a German version is less needed than with the more accesisble games like Twilight Struggle whistlecoollaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Ott
Germany
Ruhrarea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot Understand the publishers. Translating so much stuff into German and ignoring this Potential. The only Reason i did not buy in essen, was because i anticipated this Game beeing released in German very soon. Often this is a Little bit easier to get into the Game After a Long working Week.

Now i know Better, and went to the Sierra madre Games online Shop...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
Also I had a guy doing a German translation, but he found the task too difficult and gave up.
Understandable, I guess.
I think, you need to have a pretty good grasp of the science involved to translate the game accurately. There's also quite a lot of text.

Anyway, I wish you good luck in finding someone with the proper background!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So here is this german geek (me) being geeky enough that he bought a cool little game about biochemistry at Essen cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Peter
Austria
Hohenems
Vorarlberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Now - any German rules on the horizon? Bought this fine game at Essen-fair. German rules would be much better to learn and teach the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.