7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Descent or few smaller Games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Chudarek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Hi, I hv About 100usd nd local store Guy reccommended mě to buy a Descent Aš I like fantasy, but aswell was very attracted but nevěr tried MTG, but Dont want spending cash on magic now, And would like to ask if u wdnt rather investice fe to shuffle heroes, Mage wars with some expansion or yet is on my mind combination of Elder Sign Aš I like Lovecraft ( that tk mě to another question I wd like to hear If u think that maybe Arkham horror which is here cheaper than Descent plus the expansion maybe dunwich wont b better fit for me, lets say I cd get curse of pharaon nd dunwich horror plus the base set of arkham horror, is the game that good Aš I heard from lots of people? I want to say that Im looking for a deeper thematic heavier Games, maybe ull bring up yet some Games which r new to mě to consideration, sorry for my english nd thnx in advance for help

Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Descent is quite fun, but be aware, that the box is only the beginning, there are a lot of expansions for it.

So, replayability might be an issue here.

Havn't tried the app (Road to Legend), yet, and how it stacks up. But without the app, someone needs to take on the role of the overlord (playing the monsters), which is quite often less desired than playing one of the heroes.

It is something to keep in mind.

Arkham Horror (or Eldritch Horror) should be better in this regard, as they are not scenario-based and fully cooperative.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd get Eldritch Horror instead of Arkham though.

Maybe Mage Knight Board Game or Runebound (Third Edition)? or my personal favorite, Arcadia Quest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MapleMatt wrote:
sorry for my english nd thnx in advance for help

Hint: If you know your English isn't good, at least try to write complete sentences and don't type like a retarded teenager, using stupid abbreviations that only make your post harder to read. In fact, you shouldn't type like that in any case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith

UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you be able to get a bundle deal on the Dungeons and dragons games?
Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game, Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game, Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game and Dungeons & Dragons: Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game are great as you can mostly mix the components and not worry about chasing down loads of expansions.
Or you could try Paperback as a diversionary game.whistle
I think your English has come through well but suspect the old smart phone text speak has influenced you a little bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Chan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
MapleMatt wrote:
sorry for my english nd thnx in advance for help

Hint: If you know your English isn't good, at least try to write complete sentences and don't type like a retarded teenager, using stupid abbreviations that only make your post harder to read. In fact, you shouldn't type like that in any case.

Wow this Guy is pretty mean.
He comes into the post making a bullying comment and doesn't even contribute to the topic at hand. Bravo.
What the guy ever do to you.

I love descent and the road to legend app. However I'm pretty hesitate to recommend it unless your sure. It's on the higher end of the board game price prices and have heard stories of ppl not enjoying the game after purchasing it.
You should know what your getting into before purchasing this game.

I second the person who recommended eldritch horror. Solid game and more streamlined the arkham.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Arkham Horror (or Eldritch Horror) should be better in this regard, as they are not scenario-based and fully cooperative.
+1
I'd recommend against Descent since you'll mostly pay for the minis, not for the gameplay. Imho, you can get much better value for your money buying 2 or 3 other games. Descent is also a very confrontational game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.