Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jooles D
Canada
flag msg tools
Valar Morghulis
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if there's a discussion somewhere that looks at the 2 2015 world champion decks? Not the legality of them and such, but more the idea behind them and how best to pilot them?

Being relatively new to Netrunner (~ 6-7 games in with the core set) we thought it would be fun to give these decks a test run. Obviously they're a world apart from the beginning decks. It would be interesting to know from seasoned players what they think are the strengths and weaknesses of these decks and how best to use/play against them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you are new you might not be aware there is a misprint. Queens gambit (runner card) should have a cost of 0, not 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias König
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The HB-Deck is a bit easier to figure out. Lots of good ICE and strong economy. The harder thing to pilot is the Valencia deck, sporting Data Leak Reversal. If you want to read up on that, maybe you can start here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Netrunner/comments/3tv7fk/how_do_i_...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciqePuUxfVg

To be honest: DLR-Val is not a very suitable deck, if you want to start and explore netrunner. It's very specific and kind of non-interactive (players will disagree here, but the interaction takes place on a whole other level than in more usual matchups)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooles D
Canada
flag msg tools
Valar Morghulis
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theodorelogan wrote:
Since you are new you might not be aware there is a misprint. Queens gambit (runner card) should have a cost of 0, not 3.
Yeah, I've seen videos/thread on some issues with the decks thanks, but not really a debate over their merits/problems.

TripleThr3at wrote:
The HB-Deck is a bit easier to figure out. Lots of good ICE and strong economy. The harder thing to pilot is the Valencia deck, sporting Data Leak Reversal. If you want to read up on that, maybe you can start here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Netrunner/comments/3tv7fk/how_do_i_...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciqePuUxfVg

To be honest: DLR-Val is not a very suitable deck, if you want to start and explore netrunner. It's very specific and kind of non-interactive (players will disagree here, but the interaction takes place on a whole other level than in more usual matchups)
Yeah, we discovered that for sure! More just interested in reading/hearing seasoned players' insights into the theory behind these decks and how (not?!) to pilot them.

I presume it is common for people to play them against each other, as we did, and so also wonder if this is a fair match-up or if one tends to dominate the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mathew Endress
United States
Morrison
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
put together some thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wheels
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It really seems a missed opportunity to me that a brief strategy insert wasn't included with these. If FFG wants to position these as a way for relatively new players to get into the game, then a quick overview of what the deck is trying to do would be good. Particularly in the case of the Valencia deck - that's so far removed from the 'traditional' Netrunner (by which I mean Netrunner from the core set days) that it seems a bit much to ask a new player to buy it, sit down, and figure out how it's meant to be played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wheels2050 wrote:
It really seems a missed opportunity to me that a brief strategy insert wasn't included with these. If FFG wants to position these as a way for relatively new players to get into the game, then a quick overview of what the deck is trying to do would be good. Particularly in the case of the Valencia deck - that's so far removed from the 'traditional' Netrunner (by which I mean Netrunner from the core set days) that it seems a bit much to ask a new player to buy it, sit down, and figure out how it's meant to be played.

Quoted for truth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.