Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricijs Zaleskis
Latvia
Ādaži
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!
I wanted to know if anyone could shed some light on this. Is/will there be a possibilty to buy extra sleeves for this game from AEG? Played this more than 10 times and a few sleeves have small tears in the upper corners. I also have a sick obsession of keeping my games pristine and shiny, so the extra sleeves would be nice for Vale cards.

Thank you in advance!

RZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rust00 wrote:
Hello!
I wanted to know if anyone could shed some light on this. Is/will there be a possibilty to buy extra sleeves for this game from AEG? Played this more than 10 times and a few sleeves have small tears in the upper corners. I also have a sick obsession of keeping my games pristine and shiny, so the extra sleeves would be nice for Vale cards.

Thank you in advance!

RZ

Have you gone through the extra sleeves that came with the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricijs Zaleskis
Latvia
Ādaži
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet, but give me a few months
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Chin
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can simply buy some tarot sized cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight makes a stock Tarot-sized sleeve in their sleeve line, and indeed they fit. Color-coded Orange, IIRC. Star Wars: Armada uses them, so they shouldn't be too hard to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ultra Pro also makes tarot sleeves which are the same size as those from AEG. I used them to sleeve my Vales (but you should consider smaller sleeves for Vales. The Tarot sized sleeves are wider than the actual card, so that you have room to put 3 other cards in as well. Which makes sense for your personal deck, but leaves a small to medium amount of blank space left for Vale cards, which you might find undesirable.)

I don't know if AEG does sell the sleeves on their own. What does their website say about that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joeri Braeken
Belgium
Opwijk
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
...I don't know if AEG does sell the sleeves on their own. What does their website say about that?

I first asked the guys at Essen if they had any extra, and... they where quite baffled by the question. Then I got some rambling about other brands but that's not really what I wanted to know.

I've just sent a mail to their costumer service. I'll keep this thread up to date. I would be surprised if there wouldn't be any way to buy extra sleeve packs. The only thing they have to reveal is the brand they worked together with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joeri Braeken
Belgium
Opwijk
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the reply I received.

Quote:
Thanks for writing to AEG! Mystic Vale is a card-crafting game and as such all 80 starting cards need to be sleeved. AEG provides 100 so that you have a generous number of extras. Advancements aren't sleeved by themselves because they are added to the starting cards in their sleeves. Vales aren't meant to be sleeved because they aren't crafted, and it says right in the rulebook that they don't use sleeves. It is likely we will eventually sell the sleeves in our online store because people like them, but we don't have a date for that. Otherwise, like our helpers at Essen said, you can check out other brands if you want to purchase more sleeves in the standard tarot size. Thanks for your support of Mystic Vale!

Short version, best to meanwhile get another brand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joeri Braeken
Belgium
Opwijk
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: After I asked if they could give me some more detailed information I got the next answer.

Quote:
I asked and was told that we should likely have them for sale in our online store sometime in November. Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OmegaII wrote:
Vales aren't meant to be sleeved because they aren't crafted, and it says right in the rulebook that they don't use sleeves.

So if you try to sleeve them, you're an a-hole and you do not deserve to play our game.

Duh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Hui
United States
White Salmon
WA
flag msg tools
I ride mountain bikes and road bikes. Ask me how!
badge
You can't connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf, I was curious about the "small to medium amount of blank space" you're referring to when sleeving the Vale cards. Do you have any photos to show how much space that is? About to buy Mystic Vale and looking to buy sleeves as well for the Vale cards.

Thanks for any help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Stroodle88 wrote:
Razoupaf, I was curious about the "small to medium amount of blank space" you're referring to when sleeving the Vale cards. Do you have any photos to show how much space that is? About to buy Mystic Vale and looking to buy sleeves as well for the Vale cards.

Thanks for any help!

Nope I don't yet but I could try taking a picture. My terminal's camera sucks though so I'm not sure this would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Stroodle88 wrote:

Thanks for any help!

Here goes

This lvl 2 Vale card has been sleeved using Ultra Pro 70*120 mm sleeves, which are for Tarot sized cards.

Hope this helps! And sorry for the delay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.