Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy Crawford - Greybeard
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried to find an answer to this but couldn't find squat, so I'm probably looking deeper at this than I should be.

When a Darkness Spreads card is drawn does the General ALWAYS advance towards the main city, or do they only advance if they are adjacent to the board space shown on the bottom section of the card?

I feel like I lost WAY sooner than I should have because I was moving the general shown every time... of course, if this is how it should be then this game is just plain brutal haha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each general has a path they follow. If the location on the Darkness Spreads card is the next location on the general's path from where they are at, then they will move. If the location on the Darkness Spreads card is their current location, a previous location, or a location that is more than 1 space away, then the general will not move.

Note that there are Darkness Spreads cards that instruct you to move a general no matter which location they are at, they will automatically move to the next location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Crawford - Greybeard
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good.

Thank you for the answer. I figured I was making it harder than it should be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is at the bottom of page 10 of the rulebook under "A General Advances." You can download a pdf of the rulebook from http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/defenders-of-the-rea...

The text about a general always moves forward, never backwards refers to the situation where the Darkness Spreads cards specifies an adjacent space that's further away from Monarch City. This covers all the possible cases:

1.) Space is more than 1 space away = NO MOVE
2.) Space is 1 space away, but moves away from Monarch City = NO MOVE
3.) Space is 1 space away, but moves towards Monarch City = MOVE
4.) Card says something like "Move to the next space / Move Once Space", etc = MOVE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.