Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Klinton
Sweden
Mölnlycke
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does anyone know of a generic printable score sheet. I like to write playername,points, winner, date and a comment. I usually just grab a sheet of paper and put it in the box or write in the lid. A fancy printable scoresheet that I can put in most game boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
games may be too vast in differences to make a generic score sheet but you can always use the writing tool of winners, the dixon ticonderoga #2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Galbreath
United States
Sharpsburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So many games have different scoring methods I doubt you'll find something generic enough that will suit them all. Your best bet would be to continue with the blank paper method.

If you ever do find a way to fit all your games into a single template, creating a table in Word or Excel should be pretty easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Klinton
Sweden
Mölnlycke
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FattusMaximus wrote:
So many games have different scoring methods I doubt you'll find something generic enough that will suit them all. Your best bet would be to continue with the blank paper method.

If you ever do find a way to fit all your games into a single template, creating a table in Word or Excel should be pretty easy.

Was hoping for something good looking which works on a lot of games. Not all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
I create custom scoresheets using excel spreadsheets. I start with a generic format, with alternating white/gray rows. Most games need to be customized.

Scoring apps are another way to do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Galbreath
United States
Sharpsburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I created a quick and easy score sheet right here that should be generic enough to fit your needs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Klinton
Sweden
Mölnlycke
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FattusMaximus wrote:
I created a quick and easy score sheet right here that should be generic enough to fit your needs.

Looks good. I had one in mind which didnt have blocks but instead you fill first 3 rows if you are 3 players, then you leave one row empty for next game. But after seeing yours I guess using cards which works from 1-8 player / gamesession might be a better way to go. I guess just prettying it up and maybe add some nice watermark of a cool dragon to get it into game mood .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Galbreath
United States
Sharpsburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having a hard time trying to picture what you're describing. If you could draw it out on paper and send me a picture, or a pic of your current score keeping method, I can better understand what you're trying to get across.

In the meantime, I spruced up the score cards with some themed backgrounds.

Board game themed

Fantasy themed

Horror themed

Sci-fi themed

(If anyone uses these scorecards, be sure when printing them out to use actual size. Fitting to the page will cause it to cut off a good portion of the edges.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Klinton
Sweden
Mölnlycke
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FattusMaximus wrote:
I'm having a hard time trying to picture what you're describing. If you could draw it out on paper and send me a picture, or a pic of your current score keeping method, I can better understand what you're trying to get across.

Board game themed

Fantasy themed

Horror themed

Sci-fi themed

(If anyone uses these scorecards, be sure when printing them out to use actual size. Fitting to the page will cause it to cut off a good portion of the edges.)

Wow! Those images really makes the scoresheet pop! I will draw up what I mostly use(plus some inspiration from yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Klinton
Sweden
Mölnlycke
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
[filepage=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51378874/scoresheet.pdf][/filepage]
FattusMaximus wrote:

Board game themed

Fantasy themed

Horror themed

Sci-fi themed

So this
file
is what I usually create (on a blank sheet of paper). What it does well is that you only need to seperate each game by 1 empty row. So no matter if you play as 5 or as 2 it still works. That is on the other hand the ONLY advantage it has.

Yours is so freakishly awesomemlooking that the extra rows (for up to 8 players) dont bother me too much. Maybe I wont put it in a game like patchwork (2p only).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg S.
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If most of your games play, say, 2-5 players, you can probably fit more "cards" on a page by reducing the # of player spots to 5.

Edit:

Or, better yet, create a few versions of the page with different player counts. Then, include the appropriate one in each game based on the max player count for each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Galbreath
United States
Sharpsburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I slept in pretty late so I didn't get to so much, but I made a couple game-specific 2 player variants. Tomorrow I'll be able to make more based off 4 5 and 6 player counts.

2 Player scorecard 1 - Patchwork
2 Player scorecard 2 - Patchwork
2 Player scorecard 3 - Patchwork

2 Player scorecard 1 - Star Realms
2 Player scorecard 2 - Star Realms
2 Player scorecard 3 - Star Realms

Personally, I like style 2 the best and am gonna make some to use myself to keep track of my group's games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Klinton
Sweden
Mölnlycke
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow, really good work. I do like the second one the best. (the patchwork second is star realm image as well). I will definetly print these out and put a stack in my board game shelf. Cant decide if I second or third is best/most practical. Number 2 looks the best but might get messy with so many "cards" in the box.

You should really put these in the filesection of bbg somehow for some internet points!

Again, many many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just make your own on the computer?

Word is great for creating tables. And then you could actually customize the sheet to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Klinton
Sweden
Mölnlycke
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Because I am too lazy/untalanted making them as pretty FattusMaximus' examples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.