Terraforming Mars» Forums » Rules

Subject: card explanation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pawel sulej
Poland
flag msg tools
Hi,

I own the polish version of TM, and i've found one card which i am not sure whether it has an error in translation or some wrong icons.
Card name (my translation) is Heat Sinks or Heat Traps
It is 6 cost green card with Energy / Building type and -1 VP. It has following icons:
- 2 heat production (in red border)
+ 1 energy production
...but in description on that card it says: Reduce YOUR OWN heat producation by 2 (...)
There is as i understand inconsistency between icons and description, because red border allows to reduce opponent production.

Could someone with english version, look on their version of the card and post what are the original icons and description ?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for848 wrote:
Hi,

I own the polish version of TM, and i've found one card which i am not sure whether it has an error in translation or some wrong icons.
Card name (my translation) is Heat Sinks or Heat Traps
It is 6 cost green card with Energy / Building type and -1 VP. It has following icons:
- 2 heat production (in red border)
+ 1 energy production
...but in description on that card it says: Reduce YOUR OWN heat producation by 2 (...)
There is as i understand inconsistency between icons and description, because red border allows to reduce opponent production.

Could someone with english version, look on their version of the card and post what are the original icons and description ?

Thanks in advance.

The English version of "Heat Trappers" say to reduce any heat production, so it looks like a mistranslation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick P.
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Incidentally, the german version has the same mistranslation. Maybe the polish translator used the german version as a basis?

If so, you might like to check for more mistakes, in this thread we collected any mistakes we could find in the german version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pawel sulej
Poland
flag msg tools
Thanks You.

p.s. I've checked other cards on the topic You mentioned, but i couldn't find more errors in polish release. It seems this is translator / editor mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FYI: All current and coming translations derives from the English original. Fortunately, most people will still read the iconography correctly, even if the explanation text is badly translated.

Hopefully the few errors will be corrected in the next print...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.