$30.00
$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Another ID Poll rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Do you know ANYONE that does not have an ID that WANTS TO vote?
Yes
No
      29 answers
Poll created by TheDashi


And if yes, why can't they get one?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As was stated in the other poll (which is likely why you changed your question), the average income of BGG users is higher than the national average.

With that said, people with one income level are much more likely to know more people at least at a similar income level (while the most variation probably runs in the family or childhood friends).

For example, if someone is well off, they probably know quite a few well off people. It doesn't mean that they don't know people who are not well off, just less (as a percentage).

And, when I say know I mean at least know enough to know if they have a photo ID.

The point still remains that this would be drastically different if given to a random sampling of the population.

The lack of government issued photo ID is definitely not common in the upper of middle class.

I should be clear too. You do mean government issued photo ID, correct?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sighs.
Two people have already said in THIS Poll that they claim to know someone that does not have an ID.
In the other thread someone claims to not have an ID.
Maybe if you had waited 2 seconds.....

I figured everyone would have one that is on this site.
But someone says they dont.
And now in this thread 2 people say they KNOW someone that wants to vote that does not have an ID.
And I want to know why they cant get one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
TheDashi wrote:


And if yes, why can't they get one?


Too young.

But I'll point out that the people we're generally concerned about aren't the ones who have friends who'd happily drive them to the DMV. So you have the same problem as the last poll, that asking it here biases your results.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's a lower class issue. And I don't mean those who just got out of work and hit hard times as those people are more likely to have one.

I mean those who have always been in the lower income tiers.

And, they'd more easily have friends in that level as well since their neighbors would likely be low income as well. (as those with good incomes strive to flee such areas as they have worse school districts - at least in urban/suburban areas; rural gets more complex)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:


And if yes, why can't they get one?


Too young.

But I'll point out that the people we're generally concerned about aren't the ones who have friends who'd happily drive them to the DMV. So you have the same problem as the last poll, that asking it here biases your results.


Oh god....
Shut the fuck up.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Sighs.
Two people have already said in THIS Poll that they claim to know someone that does not have an ID.
In the other thread someone claims to not have an ID.
Maybe if you had waited 2 seconds.....

I figured everyone would have one that is on this site.
But someone says they dont.
And now in this thread 2 people say they KNOW someone that wants to vote that does not have an ID.
And I want to know why they cant get one.


And, that doesn't run counter to what I said at all.

People know tons of people. They will just know more at their level and thus have more of a chance.

If I know 1 person with a low income, but they know 50, who is more likely?

That's the point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xuzuthor wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Sighs.
Two people have already said in THIS Poll that they claim to know someone that does not have an ID.
In the other thread someone claims to not have an ID.
Maybe if you had waited 2 seconds.....

I figured everyone would have one that is on this site.
But someone says they dont.
And now in this thread 2 people say they KNOW someone that wants to vote that does not have an ID.
And I want to know why they cant get one.


And, that doesn't run counter to what I said at all.

People know tons of people. They will just know more at their level and thus have more of a chance.

If I know 1 person with a low income, but they know 50, who is more likely?

That's the point.


You fucking people....
I just wanted some first hand explanation on why someone cant get an ID.
Someone to give a real example of someone that they know, that would be UNABLE to vote because they CANT get an ID.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And, if they main drive was to question those who may answer No, you should have asked it right away.

It's ok to have a poll as long as you're aware it will skew more one way than usual.

Just wanted to make sure you accounted for the large bias is all, nothing more than that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Poll
Do you know ANYONE that does not have an ID that WANTS TO vote?
Yes
No
      29 answers
Poll created by TheDashi


And if yes, why can't they get one?


Looks good.

Hope you got some responses.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xuzuthor wrote:
And, if they main drive was to question those who may answer No, you should have asked it right away.

It's ok to have a poll as long as you're aware it will skew more one way than usual.

Just wanted to make sure you accounted for the large bias is all, nothing more than that.


I KNEW most people would.
Im surprised that someone already said they dont have one.
But they arent going to own up to it, I am sure it is just a trolling vote.
So yeah, I got it, the first poll didnt really work, and I thought this might be a better poll, but you have to come shit all over it.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
To be fair, the person I know did eventually get a photo ID and now can vote. But at first, he had to get a copy of his birth certificate and proof of residence because, well, he's Mexican, and the folks at our county election board didn't know him and didn't buy his story at first.

Rode his bike two miles one way to get registered -- on one of Oklahoma's typically hot July afternoons. Guy was serious about voting -- for TRUMP!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here is one person that was discussed in 2012.

I was trying to find an update to see if this had been resolved, but have not had any luck so far:
http://www.npr.org/2012/02/01/146204308/why-millions-of-amer...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
xuzuthor wrote:
And, if they main drive was to question those who may answer No, you should have asked it right away.

It's ok to have a poll as long as you're aware it will skew more one way than usual.

Just wanted to make sure you accounted for the large bias is all, nothing more than that.


I KNEW most people would.
Im surprised that someone already said they dont have one.
But they arent going to own up to it, I am sure it is just a trolling vote.
So yeah, I got it, the first poll didnt really work, and I thought this might be a better poll, but you have to come shit all over it.



I just like things to have context.

The context is now there. Even if you were aware of it, I'd want others coming in and looking at the stats to have the context too.

Now they do.

Misinformation is almost worst than no information as people start thinking about things as facts that really are not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
xuzuthor wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Sighs.
Two people have already said in THIS Poll that they claim to know someone that does not have an ID.
In the other thread someone claims to not have an ID.
Maybe if you had waited 2 seconds.....

I figured everyone would have one that is on this site.
But someone says they dont.
And now in this thread 2 people say they KNOW someone that wants to vote that does not have an ID.
And I want to know why they cant get one.


And, that doesn't run counter to what I said at all.

People know tons of people. They will just know more at their level and thus have more of a chance.

If I know 1 person with a low income, but they know 50, who is more likely?

That's the point.


You fucking people....
I just wanted some first hand explanation on why someone cant get an ID.
Someone to give a real example of someone that they know, that would be UNABLE to vote because they CANT get an ID.


Posting a poll isnt the way to get that information.

Asking, hey guys any of you want to vote and dont have a voter id? Is.

Posting a poll in an id rich environment is about building up a big number to make some other point.

Asking if people know someone who wants to vote but doesnt have an id will gather information.

Also google. Youll find the 90 plus year old black guy who had voted from a d lived at the same address for decades with multiple forms of id and all were refused.

Per republican leaders speaking on camera, voter id suppresses enough votes to swing state presidential elections. About 5% of the voters are denied the right to vote so a dozen or fewer questionable votes can be prevented.

Most alleged voter fraud cases when investigated were clerical error, child woth same name living in patents home after parent died, and absentee voters who died after voting but before the election.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
TheDashi wrote:
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:


And if yes, why can't they get one?


Too young.

But I'll point out that the people we're generally concerned about aren't the ones who have friends who'd happily drive them to the DMV. So you have the same problem as the last poll, that asking it here biases your results.


Oh god....
Shut the fuck up.


The reason I answered yes and gave the example I did was partly to make the point that polling is hard. I don't blame you for not specifying eligibility to vote, because I get that that's what you meant, but it helps illustrate why poll results are unreliable until replicated by several pollsters. Small differences in phrasing can change answers a lot.

I think that's an important point, especially with so many people discounting polls they don't like this election season, but I apologize for making that point in a thread you meant to be about something else.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:


And if yes, why can't they get one?


Too young.

But I'll point out that the people we're generally concerned about aren't the ones who have friends who'd happily drive them to the DMV. So you have the same problem as the last poll, that asking it here biases your results.


Oh god....
Shut the fuck up.


The reason I answered yes and gave the example I did was partly to make the point that polling is hard. I don't blame you for not specifying eligibility to vote, because I get that that's what you meant, but it helps illustrate why poll results are unreliable until replicated by several pollsters. Small differences in phrasing can change answers a lot.

I think that's an important point, especially with so many people discounting polls they don't like this election season, but I apologize for making that point in a thread you meant to be about something else.


This is what I get for thinking the people in here have an intelligence higher than a garden slug. Go back to being a househusband and shut the hell up.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:


And if yes, why can't they get one?


Because they are old and handicapped and no longer drive.

Keeping a current ID would be difficult for them even with assistance because even the effort of getting out to do things like go the Doctor's is painful and exhausting.

Their brain is just fine though, it is only their body that makes getting out and about hard.


5 
 Thumb up
0.06
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Meerkat wrote:
TheDashi wrote:


And if yes, why can't they get one?


Because they are old and handicapped and no longer drive.

Keeping a current ID would be difficult for them even with assistance because even the effort of getting out to do things like go the Doctor's is painful and exhausting.

Their brain is just fine though, it is only their body that makes getting out and about hard.




You gotta understand this is a difficult concept for him as his grandparents are only 45.
5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Meerkat wrote:
TheDashi wrote:


And if yes, why can't they get one?


Because they are old and handicapped and no longer drive.

Keeping a current ID would be difficult for them even with assistance because even the effort of getting out to do things like go the Doctor's is painful and exhausting.

Their brain is just fine though, it is only their body that makes getting out and about hard.




You gotta understand this is a difficult concept for him as his grandparents are only 45.


I suspect one of his grandparents is also his parent. And maybe his sister.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
TheDashi wrote:


And if yes, why can't they get one?


Because they are old and handicapped and no longer drive.

Keeping a current ID would be difficult for them even with assistance because even the effort of getting out to do things like go the Doctor's is painful and exhausting.

Their brain is just fine though, it is only their body that makes getting out and about hard.




So should the state send someone to their house to give them one?
So many t is hard for them but are they being denied?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
she2 wrote:
Meerkat wrote:
TheDashi wrote:


And if yes, why can't they get one?


Because they are old and handicapped and no longer drive.

Keeping a current ID would be difficult for them even with assistance because even the effort of getting out to do things like go the Doctor's is painful and exhausting.

Their brain is just fine though, it is only their body that makes getting out and about hard.




You gotta understand this is a difficult concept for him as his grandparents are only 45.


I suspect one of his grandparents is also his parent. And maybe his sister.


That's it. Insult family members you piece of shit.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:


I suspect one of his grandparents is also his parent. And maybe his sister.


You know that really is not only over the line... it is insulting to others as well.

A whole branch of my family are "Hillbillies"... and they are wonderful people!!

These kinds of comments are always hurtful to those of us with families who really were poor and from rural backgrounds since we know that is the kind of people you are both alluding to and disparaging wholesale.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Sighs.
Two people have already said in THIS Poll that they claim to know someone that does not have an ID.
In the other thread someone claims to not have an ID.
Maybe if you had waited 2 seconds.....

I figured everyone would have one that is on this site.
But someone says they dont.
And now in this thread 2 people say they KNOW someone that wants to vote that does not have an ID.
And I want to know why they cant get one.


But that's not what you asked. You asked about doesn't have one, now you're saying you want to know about can't get one. Not the same thing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
aiabx wrote:
she2 wrote:
Meerkat wrote:
TheDashi wrote:


And if yes, why can't they get one?


Because they are old and handicapped and no longer drive.

Keeping a current ID would be difficult for them even with assistance because even the effort of getting out to do things like go the Doctor's is painful and exhausting.

Their brain is just fine though, it is only their body that makes getting out and about hard.




You gotta understand this is a difficult concept for him as his grandparents are only 45.


I suspect one of his grandparents is also his parent. And maybe his sister.


That's it. Insult family members you piece of shit.


Nope. Dash has no grounds to stand on if he wants to claim that insults are hurting his feelings. I understand Chit-Chat is a safe space for sensitive plants like him.
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.