Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing my first solitaire game as the Romans, and want to see if I am doing it right. I used the Reconquest of Gaul set up.

First card of game was the Convictolitavis capability card. Aedui listed first, so I assume they just take the event card as it is "effective".

Play then goes to the Arverni, according to player order on Convictolitavis card.

For Averni, I think they would not battle or march.

They also cannot play the event as it was already chosen by the Aedui.

So then they must rally as they would be able to place a Citadel/Ally/more than three pieces?

They would then pay 3 resources to add a citadel to replace its ally in Cenabum. Two warbands in Alesia (no ally as Arverni did not have control, though now they would have control in that region). Then finally, replace their ally with a citadel in their home region, then add 3 warbands since their leader is there, and a citadel and +1 for being Arverni (they get to both add a citadel and place warbands since their leader is there).

Then after rallying, they either devastate or entreat, but not sure which one.

Hopefully my understanding is correct.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:
Playing my first solitaire game as the Romans, and want to see if I am doing it right. I used the Reconquest of Gaul set up.

First card of game was the Convictolitavis capability card. Aedui listed first, so I assume they just take the event card as it is "effective".

Play then goes to the Arverni, according to player order on Convictolitavis card.

For Averni, I think they would not battle or march.

They also cannot play the event as it was already chosen by the Aedui.

So then they must rally as they would be able to place a Citadel/Ally/more than three pieces?

They would then pay 3 resources to add a citadel to replace its ally in Cenabum. Two warbands in Alesia (no ally as Arverni did not have control, though now they would have control in that region). Then finally, replace their ally with a citadel in their home region, then add 3 warbands since their leader is there, and a citadel and +1 for being Arverni (they get to both add a citadel and place warbands since their leader is there).

Then after rallying, they either devastate or entreat, but not sure which one.

Hopefully my understanding is correct.

Thanks!
Don't have the AI charts on me, but that selection sounds about right.

The rally command is executed correctly.
The Arverni will not add a SA since entreat isn't possible (no hidden warband in same region as enemy pieces and within one of leader) and devastate won't trigger (only region possible is Arverni, and they would lose pieces themselves while not removing any enemy pieces)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.