Joe Zarate-Sanderlin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
A man, a plan, a canal, Panama!
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to be sure that I am playing this correctly.

So, upon playing, the net is a decrease in production of energy by 1 and of MC by 1 due to the ongoing effect increasing the MC production immediately.

For future cities that anyone plays, increase MC production by 1.

[Edit to include card image.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that your interpretation is correct. This is also how I have played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zarate-Sanderlin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. For the most part, I have found things to be clear, though I am curious what led the designers to word certain things in certain ways.

On this card, you take away 2 then add back 1 MC production. It could also be worded take away 1 Energy and MC production and gain 1 MC production for each city placed after this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jofezasa wrote:
Thank you. For the most part, I have found things to be clear, though I am curious what led the designers to word certain things in certain ways.

On this card, you take away 2 then add back 1 MC production. It could also be worded take away 1 Energy and MC production and gain 1 MC production for each city placed after this one.

I don't know the exact reasoning for the requirements of the card, but what you suggest is not quite the same. The card requires that you reduce MC production by 2, so you need production of -3 or greater to play it. Your wording would allow you to play it if your MC production had fallen to -4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zarate-Sanderlin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting point, thank you for making that more clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jofezasa wrote:

It's a matter of principle:
In Terraforming Mars, all cards always trigger themselves too. No exception. If you play Insects, for example, you also count the microbe tag on the Insect card too.

In this case it's a little funny that you first reduce 2 MC-production and then immediately increase 1, but we think it's better that way than to have exceptions to the general rules/principles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.