BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Storage for many small card games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matheus cohen
Brazil
flag msg tools
Hi,

i find myself in need for a storage box for some small games that came with a bad/destroyed box and are used frequently.

games like
Coup
Bang the card game
Chain reaction
(more to come later)

this games became a must in every single one of my game nights, and their boxes are too fragile, except maybe for coup but it's so damn hard to actually open it, so i need a good storage solution and one that holds all of them together.

even though i love artwork of the boxes and love to have all on it's original box, it's not possible.

i was about to try and make one myself when i realized there may be some solution out there already any thoughts?

TL;DR :
Any storage solutions to hold and move Coup, Bang card game, MHP Chain reaction(And MAYBE more) together without their original boxes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the Dragonshield card boxes for many small card games, Saves on space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Strobel
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could use something like this. This box holds approx. 400 card. Just put tokens and things like that in a small bag to separate the different games. Your FLGS might carry them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultra Pro sells some nice clear containers that are three and four compartment boxes. Because they're clear you could past game artwork otn the inside of the lid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh "OssianGrr"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Boxes from other games/expansions are a good place to start!

AEG makes amazingly sturdy boxes for Smash Up expansions, etc. Since I shove all the expansions into the Big Geeky Box, I use the base-game, SU:Munchkin, and other expansion boxes for other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matheus cohen
Brazil
flag msg tools
aaj94 wrote:
Ultra Pro sells some nice clear containers that are three and four compartment boxes. Because they're clear you could past game artwork otn the inside of the lid.

can you show me one? as i'm only finding single compartments, it may be exactly what i need

thank you for all of your answers, i'll be trying out each one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
I have a hobby lobby case with the broken token insert that I keep a bunch of card games in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matheus cohen
Brazil
flag msg tools
cormor321 wrote:
I have a hobby lobby case with the broken token insert that I keep a bunch of card games in.

could you also show me a photo? just curious to see any solution

have seen a bunch of those but not in proper use, just store pictures

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tecocohen wrote:
cormor321 wrote:

For this, take a look here: http://www.thebrokentoken.com/standard-sized-card-organizer-...

The case itself you can buy at Hobby Lobby - just find a coupon for them first, you can almost always get 40% off an item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This should be heavy duty enough for you..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use something like this:

http://www.joann.com/artbin-super-satchel-box-with-removable...

Fits quite a few games including small boxes. These often go on sale as well, esp around the holidays. I think I got three for $10 or some bonkers price. Gave one away as a gift.

Pretty durable providing you're not banging them around. The little latches can break, but I've only seen one snap off in the years I've been using them and it was only because some random dude at a game night got too aggressive and kicked the thing by accident.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tecocohen wrote:
aaj94 wrote:

can you show me one? as i'm only finding single compartments, it may be exactly what i need

thank you for all of your answers, i'll be trying out each one

Here's the link on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-2-Piece-Storage-Compartment-Cle...

Sorry I didn't post it earlier, I was on my phone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the Dragon Shield single and four compartment boxes. I like the variety of colours and that they stack well. The four compartment box is quite flexible as you can convert it to three or two compartment (the central divider is fixed but the two other dividers are removable).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett X
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I PnP a lot of games especially card games and microgames and can't be bothered to make a box for them. My first storage solution was an old sweet tin, but now I also have an old biscuit tin shaped like a camera. Of course if you want something more professional looking I can't help you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two of these
https://www.michaels.com/iris-photo-box-16-cases/10174559.ht...

I got the idea from Tom Vassel on one of his board game breakfast segments. It works really well for small games. In some cases, I keep two different games in one box (like Love Letter and Adorable Pandaring). Works great.

Here are the games I brought to the library tonight in case my son decides he wants to play a game:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matheus cohen
Brazil
flag msg tools
Thank you all for suggestions, pictures and any links or ideas!

it's actually quite helpful, i will see which one fits my needs better!

really grateful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont forget to look at something like these:

https://www.amazon.com/foldable-Gathering-Baseball-Football-...

https://www.amazon.com/co2CREA-Storage-Carrying-Organized-Ex...

https://www.amazon.com/Caseling-Holder-Games-Moveable-Divide...

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetech-Extra-Storage-Against-Humani...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
tecocohen wrote:
cormor321 wrote:

Bit slow with this, but here you go. Larger rule books and any game boards are in the envelopes/folder which are held in the tilt out top area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave VanAtta
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Removable-Compartment-Profess...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
glouie wrote:
This should be heavy duty enough for you..

I actually used one of these for holding my decks back when I used to play Magic at a store! Lined the inside with thin craft foam, and just threw a bunch of deckboxes inside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Kirksey
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
I have two of these
https://www.michaels.com/iris-photo-box-16-cases/10174559.ht...

I got the idea from Tom Vassel on one of his board game breakfast segments. It works really well for small games. In some cases, I keep two different games in one box (like Love Letter and Adorable Pandaring). Works great.

Here are the games I brought to the library tonight in case my son decides he wants to play a game:

+1 for these. Work perfectly and allow you to carry several games at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody Klein
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote goes to transparent boxes, particularly the Ultra Pro style that has been previously linked in this thread, in which I'm just happy to see the card art as a representation of the game.

I'm totally against having several games in a single box, on the grounds of 'out of sight, out of mind'. I find that's really the case. When I can't see one of my games, I tend to forget I have it, and thus it won't get played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett X
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's unlikely he'll forget about them...

tecocohen wrote:
Hi,

i find myself in need for a storage box for some small games that came with a bad/destroyed box and are used frequently.

...this games became a must in every single one of my game nights, and their boxes are too fragile, except maybe for coup but it's so damn hard to actually open it, so i need a good storage solution and one that holds all of them together.

Melody303 wrote:

I'm totally against having several games in a single box, on the grounds of 'out of sight, out of mind'. I find that's really the case. When I can't see one of my games, I tend to forget I have it, and thus it won't get played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vander Dlonk
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melody303 wrote:
When I can't see one of my games, I tend to forget I have it, and thus it won't get played.

Or I might even buy it again. [gulp!]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just get a bunch of deck boxes (like these) for the cards. I bag up any chips, tokens, or other pieces and put them into a small box. I put the rule books into a vinyl portfolio I got at a dollar store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.