Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Game Components Question(s) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Ross
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
A few questions about components that come with the base game and how they are used or how you are using them.

Crown Token - couldn't find this in any of the base game quests.

Banner Tile - I'm referring to the gold banner tile that is the same size as spawn tiles.

Rotten Apple - I get that this could refer to any players with invisibility or the rotten perk. Are you just putting the token next to your hero on the board?

Bubble tile - On the backside of one of the dragon bile tiles.

Fire Tile - Are these just for effect after you drop the torch? I've seen a custom mission that utilizes them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam -

I always had the same question , here are the ones I know -

The Crown is for one of the skills a survivor has, it's used to give a free action to one of the other survivor's by the character who has that skill.

The bubble tile and fire tile are meant to be used once you light the dragon bile on fire. So as to remind other players that spot is on fire.

I've seen the rotten apple somewhere used but can not remember.

No idea on the banner either, let's wait to see if anyone responds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb
The crown token is used with the 'Born leader' skill. It is pictured next to the description of that ability toward the end of the rulebook (pg 52). Use the token to keep track of which character receives the benefit of this skill. It basically just serves as a reminder on that character's turn that they have an extra action. After it is spent, we give the token back to the person playing the character with the Born leader skill. If I remember correctly, there's actually more than one character that has access to this skill, so technically they should have given more than one token. Then again, none of the characters in the base game even have the skill, so maybe that's why it only came with one.

pg 52 wrote:
Born leader – During the Survivor’s Turn, he
may give one free Action to another Survivor
to use as he pleases. This Action must be used
during the recipient’s next Turn or it is lost.

The rotten apple token is used to remind you when a character is using the Rotten skill or the Invisibility spell. It is pictured next to the description of Rotten on page 54 of the rulebook. The rulebook suggests you place it next to the character's model on the board. It would be nice if they included more than one of these tokens because you could theoretically have multiple people using the Rotten skill and/or Invisibility spell each round. But frankly, we almost never use Invisibility anyway.

pg 54 wrote:
Rotten – At the end of his Turn, if the Survivor
has not resolved a Combat Action (Melee,
Ranged or Magic) and not produced a Noise
token, place a Rotten token next to his base. As
long as he has this token, he is totally ignored
by all Zombies and is not considered a Noise token. Zombies
don’t attack him and will even walk past him. The Survivor
loses his Rotten token if he resolves any kind of Combat
Action (Melee, Ranged or Magic) or makes noise. Even with
the Rotten token, the Survivor still has to spend extra Actions
to move out of a Zone crowded with Zombies.

The bubble and fire tokens on the back of the dragon bile tokens are used in the extra campaigns that they sent electronically to Kickstarter backers called "Places of Interest" and "The Fire God." Their uses vary across the campaigns and are specific to each scenario.

If I remember correctly, the banner tile is on the back side of the exit tile. I haven't seen a scenario that specifically uses it, but "The Fire God" campaign I mentioned above refers to the "exit zone" as the "flag exit zone" which confused me as I played through it this weekend, but now I realize it's probably just suggesting you can use the flag side as an alternative to the exit side if you don't like having the big yellow text on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Clansman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ET11 wrote:
The bubble tile and fire tile are meant to be used once you light the dragon bile on fire. So as to remind other players that spot is on fire.

Dragonfire is instantaneous - within the base rules there is no need to display the "fire" token - the zombies are incinerated, removed from the board and the fire goes out. (Rule book, p35). Of course, you may have house-ruled a slower-burning fire which persists for a turn (or longer).

The official KS quests use both bubble and fire tokens but for things unrelated to dragon bile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.