Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!
When the authoring duo of Elysium made a little family game, it caught my eye automatically and I don't feel bad for buying. But I have two things to discuss about the Dangers.
But the push-your-luck of (not) revealing a second Danger doesn't seem hard enough. I believe the dilemma would be harder, if the player revealing the second Danger would only be allowed to keep ONE non-danger tile, instead of all revealed.

Also, this might be some last-minute change of iconography... Maybe the Dangers were originally a skull or something, dropped from a family game in favour of mosquitoes?
I mean, it makes sense it's most dangerous to walk around in mountains and least by a river flow... But if the danger is a mosquito-icon and there are MOST mosquitoes in the hills, less in rainforests and LEAST by the river, it looks like a game designed by someone who's never been outside. :o)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The threat tiles are usually the most valuable. Majority are the dual animals. So losing those two, even if you get the rest, is a pretty hefty loss.

When you're playing with 4-5 players, the string of tiles you run through are far smaller then with 2-3. That definitely makes those two tile losses more painful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.